The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i think that is a rivet.if so you have to drill it out.if there is a tail left in the center you will have to punch that through first.then drill the rivet head off.then it will fall through the back side.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Madden! First off....... why are you removing the grill? I can ask my Lotus Tech to assist you better.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I thought it was a rivet also, so you should be able to just drill it out. Isnt your new mesh grill mounted to those clips?

·
Registered
526 Posts
thanks guys, I'm trying new grill idea since the other one i made was not 100% perfect.
What didn't you like about your other one?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bends I made werent perfect, I'm going to try and attach it from the back like you did. Did you just bolt it to the top part of the clam through the clip holes? Any advice on mounting it? I appreciate it!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
The bends I made werent perfect, I'm going to try and attach it from the back like you did. Did you just bolt it to the top part of the clam through the clip holes? Any advice on mounting it? I appreciate it!!
I actually used zip ties that attached to the clips on the top. The bottom in just resting against the clam. After quite a bit of tweaking I was able to make the curve just right so that it is rest right against the front of the clam. I did place a small section of foam around the lower portion of the tow hook to help hold the center section tight against the front of the clam. The screws that were in the pictures of mine were just put there to fill the holes in.

I would have answered you sooner but I just got back from a little vacation. I was down near (sort of) you, taking a few runs on the Tail of the Dragon and the surrounding mountain roads.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I will be installing the 2 smaller grilles to my car, can anyone confirm if item '9' is a screw which fixes straight into the platsic grille or is there some kind of clip similar to the central grille?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts