The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched on this..unfortunately the 3-letter word limitation in search prevents searching for "net", so I tried other terms but found nothing.

How does one remove the little storage net on the back panel (07 Exige S)? The little screws seem more like rivets. Do they come out?

Thx in advance

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The net is riveted in.

It has 5 or 6 plastic caps covering the holes that the rivets are in. Take off the plastic panel and do the job in some good light. If you don't care about the net, you can drill through rivets from behind.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a harness bar in the way, so unless there is a way to remove that panel I don't know about yet (entirely like) I'll have to fig'r somethin out.

Thx for the help. At least I know now I'm not crazy for thinking it was riveted in.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Those rivets are pretty weak. They have been popped out before by just pulling on the net surround with not much damage to the panel itself.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The whole thing should take an hour and a half, including removing the harness bar. Installed one in about that amount of time (w/o a harness bar).

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Just cut the d*mn thing out with some scissors, and if you really want it all out grind the rivet heads off with a dremel! Who can see it back there anyway? Especially with the Exige seats?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I may just do that. I went ahead and took care of the rest of my install today (doing a Kenwood sub, V1 hidden display, etc..). Got all the wiring done. All I need now is a trip to Radio Shack for some 90-deg adapters for the sub pre-out on the Alpine. WHY does Alpine keep magically placing their pre-outs where every auto mfr feels the a/c vent or some other obstruction needs to go?? The pre-outs should be in the MIDDLE of the head unit and there would never be a problem.

Hope Radio Shack has em in stock. Last time I went through this with a Vette they were almost impossible to find.

And I guess tomorrow I'll be cutting that net out. I didn't want to do anything so permanent, but there's no other way to get a safe, flush mount for this little amp/sub. I just won't drill too far. :-!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts