The Lotus Cars Community banner

how to remove starter button switch

1112 10
HELP please.
i can't get the start switch off the panel.
i disconnected the wire connector and unscrewed the round holding nut.....BUT i cannot remove the switch from the panel because the round holding ring nut does not come completely off....hits up against the wire connector "SQUARE" receiver.
what am i doing wrong??? Please explain how to remove the switch from the panel.
thanks
TED
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@PeteB37 thanks! that was it!
now to find a replacement bulb for that switch....

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
537 Posts
@PeteB37 thanks! that was it!
now to find a replacement bulb for that switch....

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@AndrewIndy that's funny.....it's exactly what i just ordered, but in red....AND i took the cheaper postage as i'm not in any hurry.... MG-R-WV; red $0.95 and only $2.29 shipping :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I tired changing my bulb once and I broke the tab that holds the bulb in lol not sure how I did that. So I ended up going with an after market one. An option if that ever happens to someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
185 Posts
I tired changing my bulb once and I broke the tab that holds the bulb in lol not sure how I did that. So I ended up going with an after market one. An option if that ever happens to someone
Cool. Link? Or product name?

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
5 Posts
HELP please.
i can't get the start switch off the panel.
i disconnected the wire connector and unscrewed the round holding nut.....BUT i cannot remove the switch from the panel because the round holding ring nut does not come completely off....hits up against the wire connector "SQUARE" receiver.
what am i doing wrong??? Please explain how to remove the switch from the panel.
thanks
TED
A new switch is quite affordable:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW, only $28 bucks?? a bargain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.