The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using the Reverie side intakes and a plenum on the back of the intercooler and want to remove the remaining duct that is attached to the rollbar cover. As far as I can see it is glued in with Sikaflex, has no flanges and should be easy to remove. I've seen a diagram that detailed small flanges on the side of the duct but these are not on my car.

I would appreciate advice from somone that has done this already.

Ken

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm using the Reverie side intakes and a plenum on the back of the intercooler and want to remove the remaining duct that is attached to the rollbar cover. As far as I can see it is glued in with Sikaflex, has no flanges and should be easy to remove. I've seen a diagram that detailed small flanges on the side of the duct but these are not on my car.

I would appreciate advice from somone that has done this already.

Ken
I would like to know as well, I want to use the roof scoop for a different purpose ;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sweet - 2 Pioneer's - please report back your results!

(translation - I doubt anyone on this board has done what you're asking - you'll be the first).

WW

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The answer:

the duct is glued to the roll bar cover with the black rubber adhesive. The largest area is the top of the duct and it is really stuck in there. In addition the duct that is glued to the inter cooler has the same adhesive.

ken

·
Registered
121 Posts
The answer:

the duct is glued to the roll bar cover with the black rubber adhesive. The largest area is the top of the duct and it is really stuck in there. In addition the duct that is glued to the inter cooler has the same adhesive.

ken
But how did you cut it off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts