The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been able to set the dashboard clock on my Evora successfully in the past so I know it can be done but this time, I'm stumped??? It just doesn't work.

Here's the instructions:
1) Turn the ignition key to position II (2).

2) Press and hold the set button (about 1 second) until the clock hours flash. Then tap the button to advance the hours (note that time is in 24-hour format).

NOW THAT I GOT THE CORRECT HOURS, HERE'S WHERE IT GOES BAD. THE HOURS KEEP FLASHING AND IF I PUSH, TAP OR HOLD THE BUTTON AGAIN, IT STARTS TO CHANGE THE HOURS AGAIN. I CAN'T MAKE IT ADVANCE OVER TO MINUTES.

3) Press and hold the set button until the minutes flash. Then tap the button to advance the minutes.

4) Press and hold the set button until the clock reverts to normal display.

AND, while we are on the subject of clocks, how do you change the clock display on the Alpine? I've never been able to change that clock.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Alpine is not possible as I understand it. It claims to adjust itself automatically but no one told it about DST.

The dash clock should be adjustable so that it will show time in real life hours, not military (1-24) 17:52 doesn't work for me, don't want to do math every time I look at it. If my microwave can figure this out, a $91,000 car should too.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Alpine is not possible as I understand it. It claims to adjust itself automatically but no one told it about DST.

The dash clock should be adjustable so that it will show time in real life hours, not military (1-24) 17:52 doesn't work for me, don't want to do math every time I look at it. If my microwave can figure this out, a $91,000 car should too.
Not a chance, the clock only will show 24 hour time. I guess it is not has smart as your microwave.
Ron:shrug:

·
Registered
412 Posts
The navigation unit sets the clock in the Alpine, but you have to configure it for your region.

If you have an Alpine IWA-505 (2010 and earlier Evoras) with the Blackbird navigation unit:

Enter
navigation menu --> Setup --> Clock​
to set the timezone and daylight savings mode. You cannot select between 12/24 format on this unit.​

If you have an INA-W900 (2011 Evoras) with built-in navigation

Enter
navigation mode --> wrench/spanner (setup) --> Regional --> Clock​
to set 12/24 display mode and daylight savings mode.

Enter
navigation mode --> wrench/spanner (setup) --> Regional --> Time Zone​
to select your time zone.​

Setting the clock in the binnacle/dash is indeed difficult. It takes me much practice each time before I can set it. :tadts:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've been able to set the dashboard clock on my Evora successfully in the past so I know it can be done but this time, I'm stumped??? It just doesn't work.

Here's the instructions:
1) Turn the ignition key to position II (2).

2) Press and hold the set button (about 1 second) until the clock hours flash. Then tap the button to advance the hours (note that time is in 24-hour format).

NOW THAT I GOT THE CORRECT HOURS, HERE'S WHERE IT GOES BAD. THE HOURS KEEP FLASHING AND IF I PUSH, TAP OR HOLD THE BUTTON AGAIN, IT STARTS TO CHANGE THE HOURS AGAIN. I CAN'T MAKE IT ADVANCE OVER TO MINUTES.

3) Press and hold the set button until the minutes flash. Then tap the button to advance the minutes.

4) Press and hold the set button until the clock reverts to normal display.

AND, while we are on the subject of clocks, how do you change the clock display on the Alpine? I've never been able to change that clock.

When you get to the correct hour you should be able to push and hold the set button for 2 seconds and then release and the minutes should flash. If you hold the button too long or too short you will be adjusting the hours again. I set the hours and then the minutes and then turn off the ignition and it sets the time without having to scroll through the other settings

For the Alpine unit you have to go to the full set up menu which is accessed by turning on the ignition, foot on the brake, raise and release the emergency brake twice then release the foot brake and select set up and the full set up menu should appear. Normally when you press set up only the audio set up menu appears so you have go through the above routine to get the full menu

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ron.
it is tricky, I know. But to set it (when the right time is finally showed)... just turn off ignition key and it is fixed. Dont' try to hold or push the button to tell the system that now it is the right time showing.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I thought it is putting the key in the lock but not turning it? Had to read the manual when I did it a few weeks ago (and apparently almost forgot it again)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Time Clock
Adigital 24-hour time clock is displayed in the instrument panel
left hand screen whenever the ignition key is inserted.
To adjust the clock, see 'Information Switch' below:
Information Switch
A button is mounted on the end of the left hand column stalk,
and has different functionality with ignition on and off.
With the ignition key inserted, but ignition OFF, the button
operates as follows:
Time clock adjustment
- Press the info, button for more than one second, and then
release. The hour display will flash.
- Press momentarily the info, button to advance the figure by
one hour and repeat as necessary. Alternatively, press and
hold the button to automatically scroll the display; release the
button to stop the scrolling at the desired figure.
release. The minutes display will flash. Repeat the above
adjustment procedure.
release to enter the next mode:
Ambient temperature units
- Current temperature display units will now be displayed. To
change from °C to °F, or vice-versa, press momentarily the
info, button.
- To retain the displayed units, press the info, button for more
than one second, and then release to enter the next mode:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to everyone's help I finally got it.

Now the Evora clock shows the correct time. The "secret" is after the hours are correct, just press and hold the stalk button for two quick seconds and let go, the minutes will start to flash after a short wait. You have to trust and believe that the minutes will start to flash.

If you hold the stalk button any longer or tap one more time, the hours start to change again.

The Alpine is a different story. After I did the handbrake dance to activate the hidden wrench menu, I still could not find the right place to change the clock setting. There is a clock control but it only has a ON or OFF button? No regional or time zone settings.

I'll try this again when I have more time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This car is certainly frustrating at times...but for that split second when everything just seems to work in unison...it's worth waiting for...extraordinary

·
Registered
412 Posts
The Alpine is a different story. After I did the handbrake dance to activate the hidden wrench menu, I still could not find the right place to change the clock setting.
Which Alpine do you have?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Which Alpine do you have?
I have a INA-W900 Alpine. Today I found the time zone/ daylight savings screen and pushed for Pacific zone and daylight savings, but it has no effect on the display. It still reads and hour earlier than current actual time.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
The Sat-Nav clock displays the time based on GPS readings. Human input is not allowed. My clock has been off by 4 hours and change since I bought the car. Lotus says there's no way to fix it except replacing the Sat-Nav unit.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
The Sat-Nav clock displays the time based on GPS readings. Human input is not allowed. My clock has been off by 4 hours and change since I bought the car. Lotus says there's no way to fix it except replacing the Sat-Nav unit.
Which they don't even do - all Alpine warranty stuff is done through a third party I believe.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I keep telling myself that it's a great stride forward for Lotus if the Alpine is the only thing about the car that's been a ridiculous pain. Replacing it is a must but we are on the verge of a huge transformation in auto head units. They will very soon be interacting with our other mobile devices in a much more comprehensive and useful way. I'm holding off, but am driving a $90,000 car with no clock that states the time as well as a $10.00 alarm clock in the meantime.

Next thing is to extract the alarm.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I have turned the clock on my radio off due to it's inability to know I am in CST.

I am looking forward to the new tech that is coming out. I think Tesla has done a good job of pushing the in car info to new heights and once the S is released more and more people will want that amazing screen in the middle :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a INA-W900 Alpine. Today I found the time zone/ daylight savings screen and pushed for Pacific zone and daylight savings, but it has no effect on the display. It still reads and hour earlier than current actual time.
We've got several INA-W900's in our family, and we've been able to select the zone and daylight savings time on all of them. I think you might have a bad unit.

The only issue we noticed is when the time changed. Daylight savings time didn't "take" on the display until we entered, and then exited, the clock menu. It only happened twice, first to my wife and then to me, so I haven't been able to confirm exactly what we did to fix it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
This 24 hour military time thing is getting on my nerves. There is no way to change that? I find that hard to believe

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
The navigation unit sets the clock in the Alpine, but you have to configure it for your region.

If you have an Alpine IWA-505 (2010 and earlier Evoras) with the Blackbird navigation unit:

Enter
navigation menu --> Setup --> Clock​
to set the timezone and daylight savings mode. You cannot select between 12/24 format on this unit.​

If you have an INA-W900 (2011 Evoras) with built-in navigation

Enter
navigation mode --> wrench/spanner (setup) --> Regional --> Clock​
to set 12/24 display mode and daylight savings mode.

Enter
navigation mode --> wrench/spanner (setup) --> Regional --> Time Zone​
to select your time zone.​

Setting the clock in the binnacle/dash is indeed difficult. It takes me much practice each time before I can set it. :tadts:
Carefully following these directions (and noticing an additional drop down screen I'd missed) I have been able to set the Alpine to correct time. Many thanks anthonyseven.

Now if could set the dash to 12 hour time all would be well. But at least there is one clock on board that shows the time as I need to see it.

If only it weren't so small that I still need my bificals :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts