The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find anything in the owners manual or on the forum about how to set the clock in the instrument cluster on my 2011 Elise. It's running in 24-hour mode (which I like), but it 's not set to the right time - a handy reference when I'm navigating.

Glen

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is the digital clock only fitted in new MY2011? I can only switch between trip distance and digital speed in my MY2010 Elise...

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info about the clock. I have a supplement, but the title on mine led me to believe it only had emissions info (IIRC, it's out in the car right now). In my excitement to get going, it got edited out of my initial reading of the big stack of stuff that comes with the car.

I'm not sure what the 2010 MY display looks like, but my clock is always displayed at the far left. Other data (odometer, trip, KPH) displays at bottom right.

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How To Set 2011 Lotus Elise Clock

The 2011 Lotus Elise clock in the instrument cluster, unlike previous years, is always displayed. The image below shows a time of 16:30.

The owner's manual (including supplements) does not describe how to set the clock. Through trial and error, I figured out how to set it:

1) Turn the ignition key to position II (2).
2) With the engine off, tap the set button on the steering column until the odometer is displayed.
3) Press and hold the set button (about 2 seconds) until the clock hours flash. Then tap the button to advance the hours (note that time is in 24-hour format).
4) Press and hold the set button until the minutes flash. Then tap the button to advance the minutes.
5) Press and hold the set button until the clock reverts to normal display.

Hope this helps someone else in the future...

·
Registered
40 Posts

Thank you! Not being able to figure out how to set the clock was about to drive me over the edge. Your post is now part of my owner's manual

·
Registered
483 Posts
I beat my head against a wall on this one and I have determined that my car must not have the upgraded panel that later MY2011 have. My layout is exactly as the earlier models and a clock has never shown on my readout no matter how I press the button.

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that my car was the 2nd federal 2011 to be built?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts