The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So can anyone fill me in on how to start a 2008 exige? The car is on the way and should be here next week. The previous owner mentioned that there is a precedure to start it but I haven't heard back when I asked if he could explain. A friend and I went to a dealer a few months ago to test drive one and the salesman couldnt even figure out how to start it. Somehow we finally got it started but didn't know what we did differently. Please let me know so I can start it when it gets here! Thanks in advance :)

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
push the button on the key fob, push the start button

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's weird, don't remember pressing the button on the fob at all. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There's a procedure? That's news to me. Turn the key, disable the immobilizer then press the start button.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the hood release is in the door jamb :p

I guess its not really a precedure lol but different from a normal car

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The toughest part is finding the radiator cap on the radiator. Next hardest is the hideaway spare tire above the flat panels under the car, hard to remove them with a flat tire which makes the car sit lower.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Just be careful to not push the wrong key fob button or get the order wrong for pressing the key fob button and starter button. You'd hate to put the car into permanent limp mode.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The toughest part is finding the radiator cap on the radiator. Next hardest is the hideaway spare tire above the flat panels under the car, hard to remove them with a flat tire which makes the car sit lower.
Good to know, I might have to suck it up and add a few pounds and get a compressor and fix a flat. My mustang had the brembo package so it didn't have a spare, just the compressor and fix a flat in the trunk. Never had to use it but it's nice to have.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Good to know, I might have to suck it up and add a few pounds and get a compressor and fix a flat. My mustang had the brembo package so it didn't have a spare, just the compressor and fix a flat in the trunk. Never had to use it but it's nice to have.
Please tell me you know he was just joking about a radiator cap and spare tire.

San

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been reading a lot on here for the past couple months just learning as much as I can :) really excited to finally have the car on the way

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I push the key fob first then insert the key. On my 2006, all your looking for is the emergency flashers will flash once as well as the "turn signal" inside the cabin. Once that happens you have like 30 seconds or something to turn key. I mention on my 2006, cause god knows Lotus changes things every year.

The trunk did get me the first time....had to go back and ask the seller how it worked :)

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
This is a strange thread to say the least. I'll leave it at that.

San

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I don't think Shawn C likes the "quick start and goooooo feature".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts