The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have the touring pack. To remove the stereo, you need the 2 wire thingies that came with it. They should be in the radio box, which should have been in your trunk when you got the car. They look like half-hoops. The radio manual shows how to insert them into the holes under the radio faceplate, to release the clips. The radio then pulls straight out. There's enough wire on the harnass to pull the radio all the way out of the dash.

BTW: for those who missed my posting a couple of months back, Blaupunkt sells a steering-wheel mounted remote for the touring pack radio. To use the remote, you need to remove the radio, and plug the remote receiver into the back of it. The remote mounts on your steering-wheel with rubber straps, and can be easily removed, presumably with no damage to the wheel. It's pretty sweet. About $40-$50, and only takes a few minutes to install.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Would it be easy to install other aftermarket HUs in the Elise? I know on other cars you need a wiring harness specific for the car and I'm worried that no one would make one for the Elise. Any ideas?

·
Registered
555 Posts
After my trip home from the dealership, I almost tossed my radio face out the window, what a P-O-S the Blaujunk is!

Radio to remove is very easy, but all wires are the same color. I'm a manager at a high end car electronics shop and had all the right tools to test and replace the radio & speakers.

You need a good test light to test for power and a "AA" battery to test for speakers and polarity for a do it your selfer.

Bruce

BTW- I replaced with a Pioneer Premier DEH-P860 head unit w/XM and JL Audio 4" & 6" speakers. 100% better.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
BMJM100 said:
After my trip home from the dealership, I almost tossed my radio face out the window, what a P-O-S the Blaujunk is!

Radio to remove is very easy, but all wires are the same color. I'm a manager at a high end car electronics shop and had all the right tools to test and replace the radio & speakers.

You need a good test light to test for power and a "AA" battery to test for speakers and polarity for a do it your selfer.

Bruce

BTW- I replaced with a Pioneer Premier DEH-P860 head unit w/XM and JL Audio 4" & 6" speakers. 100% better.
[/QUOTE

Did you have any preolems fitting a 6" speakers when replacing the 5.25" stockers?

Do you think there is room for a bigger size then the 4" fronts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts