The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several past threads that describe the position of the antennas on the Elise as being a "T" under the front clam and a wire taped to the inside of the driver's side wheel liner.

My question is not where the antennas are (as described above) but how they are connected to the stereo? How does one verify these connections?

My Elise appears to have had some work done and they may not have been reconnected. I am getting HORRIBLE static on every station of AM & FM (static on even the strongest local stations). I know the reception sucks on Elise's, but I really think something is disconnected somewhere...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
the connection is usually near the fuse box under the passenger fron access panel. if you look at your mystery wire post i described it better there...I think it is the wire coiled up by your fuse box, that could also be a reason for poor reception.

T.J.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I blame the receiver. I don't have problems in any other car. It seems to find tons of radio stations, but doesn't actually tune any of them well.

Edit: I realize this is not helpful information at all, but I just spent an hour in the car and forgot my MP3 CDs so I had to listen to the radio ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts