The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyboby know what the width of the 2007 Elise is? I am picking my new car up this week from Vancouver and need to make sure it fill fit on my trailer.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I wasn't clear, the total width from the outside of the rims, F & R

·
Registered
198 Posts
65" front
69" rear
But you should drive home :rolleyes:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
When one measures wheel base is it taken from the center of the wheels front to rear?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HELP NEEDED NOW

I am shortly leaving for Vancouver to deliver a car and then return with my new Elise on the trailer.

Would somebody please be kind enough to measure the width of the track from the very outside of the tire front and rear. Side to side NOT ront to back.

It needs to be an accurate measurement as it is touch and go if it will fit on my trailer. I seem to be getting conflicting stories how wide this car is.

I don't need the width of the body work just across the tyres.

:wallbang:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
65.5 Front
68.25 Back
Sports Pack

I am shortly leaving for Vancouver to deliver a car and then return with my new Elise on the trailer.

Would somebody please be kind enough to measure the width of the track from the very outside of the tire front and rear. Side to side NOT ront to back.

It needs to be an accurate measurement as it is touch and go if it will fit on my trailer. I seem to be getting conflicting stories how wide this car is.

I don't need the width of the body work just across the tyres.

:wallbang:

·
Registered
622 Posts
My Exige is exactly 68" from the outside of the rear tire to the outside of the tire(widest point I could find.

Say hi to Kai and/or Lerina for me, or Stuart if he's around.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Trailer is 69 inch wide, so it will just fit. Will send pictures soon. :nanner:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys

Thanks to all those who responded to my posting regarding my recent questions on the width of the Elise. As you can see from the pictures it was very tight on the trailer, but it fitted and I am home in one piece.:coolnana:

Shaw Photo Share

·
Registered
807 Posts
whoa! :eek: you towed with your pigSTI? how'd that work out? did you have a class III hitch and wiring harness too?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whoa! :eek: you towed with your pigSTI? how'd that work out? did you have a class III hitch and wiring harness too?
Its called pushing the boundaries of the law. The STI in the UK & Europe has a 2400 lb towing capacity, so the only problem I can see is I'm in the wrong country.

My STi is 350 BHP 390 ft lb torque, so it pulls the Lotus like a train, the hitch is rated at 3000 lb.
The trailer is alloy and only weights 380 lb. So I guess I'm only a few ounces over weight, well its closse :nanner:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Wow, never new a STI could tow another car. Makes me wonder what I could tow with my TT or Elise.
That's because you North Americans think you need either an SUV or 3/4 pick up to haul anything. It all started when you needed used 6 horses to pull a small wagon.

In Europe we have been hauling Caravans and trailers with our small cars for years.

Boy you guys have got some catching up to do.-poke- :nanner:

·
Banned
874 Posts
That's because you North Americans think you need either an SUV or 3/4 pick up to haul anything. In Europe we have been hauling Caravans and trailers with our small cars for years.

Boy you guys have got some catching up to do.:D
lol we just "say" that so we can buy our big trucks!

·
Registered
459 Posts
evotell, it is not the total weight so much as the weight on the hitch. Did you measure what that is?

Also, I just can't believe that trailer is less than 400 lbs. That seems too light for a two axle one! How long is it? I've been looking for a lightweight trailer like that. Almost impossible to find here in the US.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts