The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting CO with the tan leather. My dealer has already told me that we can have any combinations we want, the order guide is just a reference.

Anyways I think it might be a great look. can anybody photoshop this combo for me please

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Guess on the CO car I saw the black interior was such a winner I hadn't even considered biscuit. Kinda lukewarm on it myself, but hell, your payin for it get what cha want!!

Chris

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, but i live in Arizona and black leather gets way too hot.
I'm thinking the bisquit would be a rich sutle kind of look.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I would keep white towels in the trunk to put whilst away before I would choose that combo. I really think black is the only correct combo for orange.

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
get kiwi leather! Like the BMW M3! That would look good with CO. This way the whole car, inside and out, will look like a fruit. :p

·
Registered
751 Posts
I dont really know about CO and biscuit... It might work because of all the black and aluminum highlights on the interior BUT...

Biscuit has an orangy brown tint. It might look really bad to have an orange on orange car. Tan could look good I think, but biscuit is not really tan. I dont have the means to photoshop the color right now, sorry. I would though.

I know from the photos, biscuit looks like a tan colored leather, but it was much different when I saw it in person on the RG car.

-Whit

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
it would look bad even with no seats

·
Registered
912 Posts
Oh God no! Chrome Orange & Black or Chrome Orange & Blue are the only tasteful choices. If you really must have Bisquet leather, than go for a different exterior color. Those that have seen the Racing Green with Bisquet in person seem to think that is quite the looker. Personally I think the Bisquet will look dirty pretty quick, but it might be ok in a car that is not a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
pschencker said:
yea, but i live in Arizona and black leather gets way too hot.
I'm thinking the bisquit would be a rich sutle kind of look.
I've had the equivalent of Lotus Biscuit leather for seats in my RX-7 here in Arizona for the past 7 years. And even with this light color, in the sun, in the summer, man that leather gets hot.

Sitting down on black leather in summertime AZ would be like laying your ass on a Denny's grill full on. I'd work on pre-arranging a discount at the local burn unit if you order black.

·
Registered
609 Posts
There is a solution

My current daily driver has a black leather interior, and I agree that it's not the best choice in Arizona. However, I have managed to mitigate the effects of the intense sunlight somewhat by using one of those big reflective foil covered windshield screens, although I must admit it's bloody hard to see where you're going sometimes.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Concur that biscuit is the best choice for AZ, though there are certainly ways to mitigate heat (as suggested previously).
We spend quite a bit of time visiting my wife's relatives in Kingman and Phoenix and "I" can't imagine getting the black leather (though the black standard interior might not be as bad).

The recommended colours with biscuit are:
- BRG
- MB
- Nightfall blue
- Starlight black
- Storm titanium

Of these the only one that is remotely close to a light colour is storm titanium. Still haven't seen this combo on the car, but similar combinations on other vehicles have looked pretty good.

I am still lobbying for white and will be pleading my case at the WCLM to any Lotus reps who will listen to me.

Admittedly white is not nearly as exciting (at least for me) as Chrome Orange and Laser Blue (personal favorites), but in AZ and parts of CA white (in conjunction with biscuit) is far and away the best choice for May thru early Oct.

See the White Poll thread (if you haven't already) for what a white exterior would look like.

Larry

·
Registered
485 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Guess on the CO car I saw the black interior was such a winner I hadn't even considered biscuit. Kinda lukewarm on it myself, but hell, your payin for it get what cha want!!

Chris
i second that opinion. if you think it looks good go with it. or better yet see which color most girls like on it.:D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I too use a dash reflector, but then it's the solar gain from the side window which gets you. Any direct sun on the leather leads to a serious heating of the seat.

I suppose a side window reflector with suction cups would mitigate that. I just use a white towel in the summer.

·
Registered
347 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I think one of the shower capes that are/will be available are a good solution to this. Only a couple minutes to put on.
Probably the first thing I'm getting after the car.
http://store.sector111.com/showercap.html
Chris
Chris, Have you seen shower caps offered in colors lighter than black (or other dark colors e.g. navy blue, racing green)? I have only seen the dark colors :(

Larry

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I just wish they made the soft top roof in biscuit to match the interior. It would keep the car a lot cooler than just having black which absorbs a lot more heat.

I have a routine I'll use in the summer when my car is outside- Open car doors, remove roof panels wait 1 minute for heat to escape, enter car, turn on air-conditioning and hope I dont burn my hand on the metal shift knob. I think that is going to be one of the first things I replace- I dont want the shift pattern branded into my palm.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts