The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has seen this color in person? It looks different in every set of pictures from the LA auto show. Is it like a fire engine red? Ferrari Red? Some photos make the color look to have an orangy hue. Very curious as I believe I will be ordering this color with black leather inside. thanks.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I have seen some posted photos that look a lot orangish. It does not look that orangey. It is not as deep a red as Ferarri though. Some of these cars also look a bit different outside as compared to under the lights.

Can't speak for your monitor, but I think these pics are very close-

http://www.elisetalk.com/ardent_red.html

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ferrari's Rosso Corsa is (in my opinion) about 2 shades darker. It's a deeper, darker (but still bright) red.

The Ardent Red on the Elise is brighter, does have a bit more "orange hue" in it, but it's a beautiful color and works well on the Elise. Just my opinion, but I think the brighter colors work well on the Elise, though I've seen an Elise in Bordeaux Red Pearl and it's absolutely gorgeous. In fact, I'm torn between Bordeaux Red Pearl and Ardent Red.

Bob K.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
It is closer to F car red. I have a pic of it and the old red side by side. I'll dig it out and post it this afternoon.

Roy

ps. It's a very nice red, a big improvment over the old red imo.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks that comparison would be great!

·
Premium Member
648 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
TOPGUN750 said:
Who has seen this color in person? It looks different in every set of pictures from the LA auto show. Is it like a fire engine red? Ferrari Red? Some photos make the color look to have an orangy hue. Very curious as I believe I will be ordering this color with black leather inside. thanks.
At least on my monitor, the pictures shown in Randy's link are very accurate based on my viewing of the car at the LA Auto Show. However, the lighting at the show was a combination of warm fluorescent and bright spot lights, which make it a little difficult to gauge how it will look in natural light.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ardent and Ferrari reds side by side

Old thread I know, but just got to dealer to see paint chips. Photo shows Ardent chip laying on Ferrari paint - sorry about poor focus...:rolleyes:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts