The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like some of you, I like the "Eagle". Let me correct myself, I love it! I am glad that Lotus is sticking to the mid-engined, available in stick shift format that many sports/supercar manufacturers are somehow turning their back on. There is just something about a mid-engined chasis that lends itself to radically beautiful proportions and design. I am glad that Lotus is still giving those of us who like to "row-your-own" the option of a standard manual. I agree that the floppy-paddle may give you better lap times, but there is nothing like executing the perfect heel-and-toe downshift and doing the three pedal tango.*

Anyway, for those of you planning to purchase an Eagle, I was wondering how would you spec your car? I definitely plan to purchase one once it is available and, more importantly, the funds are in order. Personally, I would like a burnt orange model with a black alcantara interior (including the steering wheel and headliner). I would also like a diamond-pattern stitching on the seats and headliner. Lastly, I would like blacked-out wheels. What color would you want in your charriot?

Cheers,
Andy :shift:

*I know that Lamborghini and Porsche (unlike Ferrari nowadays!) still give us this option, but at least we could still somehow afford a Lotus without selling a kidney or a first born offspring!

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
Graphite Grey - just like my Elise! Happy with the silver wheels and not yet sure on the interior - waiting for options!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
First choice is a cabriolet but I'll stick to the coupe.......

Graphite Grey/ Beige/Biscuit interior as long as the carpets are black. If not, I'd go black alcantera/leather
6 speed manual (wife would want the paddle shift because of her knee so I might have to compromise for her on this car. If it were a weekend car, absolutely the manual and she would go along with it)
heated seats (this is a daily driver afterall)
Alpine system appears to be standard
10 spoke wheels (not the 12 spoke ones shown on the second release of pictures)
fog/driving lamps
Moonroof if available
ABS/TC/DSC are standard

I like the idea of offering a "premium package" that would include a moonroof, fitted luggage and maybe upgraded trim (heated seats could also be included if they were not already standard). Throw a $4,500-5,000 premium on it and based on the market segment that this car will be in, watch the orders come in. We need to keep in mind this is not an Elise and in fact, because this car exists, the Elise can remain the true sports car it is now without having to compromise. Let this new car be the GT and let people equip it that way if they choose.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Since we don't know what the options are exactly..... :D

- Ardent Red or Persian Blue (yes, not Laser this time!)

- Sport pack

- Black wheels and stripe (Lotus will do this for you apparently!)

- CF roof

- Traction control

- Starshield

- IF available, spyder/targa top

- NO TOURING PACK!!! The car is "touring" enough for me :p

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
just gonna save money till the esprit comes out :D after I pay off the s240 of course :shift: cause this car is way too touring for my taste... I mean it comes stock with the touring wheels and touring suspension :D

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Where does this "3000 lb." number keep coming from!!!!
Yea, I don't know either. I think it started with someone saying it looks like it weighs 3,000 lbs. Numbers I heard during development were much better but that was over 12 months ago. In the end, this is a GT, not a sports car and trying to make it into one will only leave you fustraited. Embrace the Elise as the sports car in the Lotus stable and look forward to the most dynamic GT available in the world, the Lotus E.........

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I'll play:

I guess that if this is a "usable exotic", I'd go with:

- The future hotter version (S?)
- Ardent red, or maybe silver or white
- I like the Black Alcantara idea as the OP noted
- Sportiest suspension Lotus offers
- Heated seats
- Alpine radio sounds like it's nice
- The first wheels shown, not the 12-spokes on some of the pics
- 6-speed tranny
- Some sort of hill-assist on the manual would make it a lot more friendly to my wife

I'm out of ideas. I sure like the looks of the car - though I agree that the tail light treatment is a little off. The small backup lights in particular are pretty bad. Maybe if the tail end indent was blacked out as has been done on some Elises?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I'd take the supercharged convertible
Lotus Racing Green with alcantera biscuit interior/fabric top
silver wheels
touring package
sports package

1 - 20 of 21 Posts