The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard it on sirius - finally the FCC will stop harassing him and I look forward to hearing this guy without censorship.

Unfortunately, it's not till Jan 2006.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think stock will drop down again, Stern won't be on air until 1/06, so new subscriptions probably won't be realized for another year or more.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
When he first came to LA radio, I tried listening to him. Some of his bits were ok, but overall I didn't think that he was very funny or interesting. Now I'm hooked on Mark and Brian.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
jml1952 said:
When he first came to LA radio, I tried listening to him. Some of his bits were ok, but overall I didn't think that he was very funny or interesting. Now I'm hooked on Mark and Brian.
No sense debating his appeal as he is the most listen to radio personality in the country for many years now. If you don't get it then you just don't get it. Kinda like the Elise...no sense in trying to explain it. To each is own and that's ok.

The guy is brilliant though... The special interest groups and the FCC try to bring him down but all they have done was to boost him into a 100 million 5 year deal LOL. Looks like he won again. Hooray for the small guy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
They took him off the air in Miami. It sucks. I would get sirius tomorrow if I knew I could get him on there. It's all Janet Jackson's fault!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I think he is hilarious and interesting as well. I think the best way to describe his audience is... People who like him listen because they are curious to what he will say next...People who hate him listen because they are curious as to what he will say next. LOL...What a great dynamic to pocess for any artist.

·
Registered
52 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
People who like him listen because they are curious to what he will say next...People who hate him listen because they are curious as to what he will say next.
Do you realize that's a direct quote from his movie Private Parts ? Hmm. . .coincidence, subliminal memory, or I'm an idiot. . . Don't answer that.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
SMYLGR8 said:
They took him off the air in Miami. It sucks. I would get sirius tomorrow if I knew I could get him on there. It's all Janet Jackson's fault!
Howard is on in the Palm Beach area, I cant remeber the station, I think its around 101.? or 102.?
You should be able to pick him up the signal in Ft Lauderdale

I used to live in NJ and he had a local TV show on the weekends. It was hysterical, I'll never forget his first show and Becky the biker chick who was on the Lesbian Dating Game, or the Snapple commericals that Howard used to do during the show, but after listening to him for about 25 years, hes kind of boring.

I loved it when he was on right after school on 66 WNBC and he used to screw with Soupy Sales and the a**hole that was the station manager.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm one of those that would fall into the 'dont get it' section. The guy's just not that smart (at least, whatever he says make him sound completely stupid). The only thing I find funny about the show are his guests. Replace Stern with a monkey, keep the guests, and you end up with the same show .. *shrug* my loss I guess :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I never understood his appeal either. I don't think I've ever been able to listen to him for more than 10-15 minutes at a time. He just doesn't interest me and I get bored of hearing him.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think that you will hear a whole new show when he hits Sirius. He has admitted that his show has been crap for the past 10 years, ever since the fines were implemented.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts