The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I was in a mall in 2005, and saw an elise parked there, and said holy $#&^$# what is that!! I said ME WANT and left it at that.

Fast forward to 2009. Now I'm single, can do what I want and make OK money, the elise bug bit again. Looked at new, looked at used, looked at salvage, then realized I didn't want an elise, but an Exige, though't i'd be ok with an 06, but decided I must have a supercharger about the exact day I found a great deal on a two owner 20,000 mile 2007 Exige. Yay for me.

Why the snarling etc. etc. Well, its black, mean and sexy. Funny thing is I always set out specifically not to buy a black sportscar, but the good deals always find me and they are always black. Then again black is the best color when it is clean. Dirty happens way too easy unfortunately.

I love the non-touring packness of it, all that bare aluminum, no padding to keep the supercharger whine out of the cockpit ahh. Very raw. And I don't know what the hell people are saying these things are loud inside. I could easly have a conversation at 80mph, in a base model. In a VW 55 and you had to scream to be heard.

So, I am used to a bunch of attention in a VW bus, but this thing gets more, even in black. Just driving it home from Indianapolis to Saint louis, I got asked if people could take its picture twice, had all kinds of people rubberneck, a couple teenage guys came up to me (of course) and did I mention people were rubbernecking? If you have an exige in a bright color, I don't know how you get anywhere with out running looky-loo's over...

The PO lived far away from the dealer so there are a couple nitpicky things to get fixed under warranty, but so far I'm loving it. I'm debating getting an s2 exhaust or not. It doesn't ad much hp, and I like the quiet stealth, but man I love a good exhaust note too.

Oh yeah, this thing is sick fast, I bet the 260+ cars are insane! The torque being there the whole RPM range is wonderful, I like it much better than the peakiness of the NA motor. Huzzah!

take care,

Steve

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Welcome! :wave:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some pictures. I am finishing with cleaning my garage out today, so it probably won't get rained on too many more times :)

Front splitter was missing when I bought it.

If it drops a valve I don't want to argue with lotus if a gotham tune caused it, but the day the warranty expires... woohoo.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OK, I was told this car was a base model, nothing added.

Yesterday, i punched it on a corner and made the back end drift, drift in a way that said both rear wheels were breaking traction at the same time...

So, tonight I opened the engine hatch ande took a careful look down in at the transaxle, and what does it say? LSD in big green paint pen. I AM STOKED.

This totally makes up for the AC not working when I bought it, hehe.

Oh, and I LOVE this car. You can have it back when you pry the keys from my cold dead hands. It has lots of TADTS quirks, and piddly things, but it drives. Oh boy does it drive.:evil::D

take care,

gm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts