The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure that the Elise is the King of track but I wanted to find out how elise perform on freeway speed.

I figured that the small engine size would not offer great amount of torque that can challenge the likes of torque of the german competitors despite elise's small weight and gear ratio

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
It's not geared for top speed; I think the current model only does around 125mph. Combined with its short wheelbase, it wouldn't make a great high speed tourer. It should be great on US highways with our lower speed limits, but if the US model is geared similarly the engine could be a bit buzzy (unless they give us a 6 speed..?).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be FUN if the elise is equipped with a low-boost turbo or supercharger engine that has plenty of torque down below e.g Audi's 1.8T or Mercedes' 1.8L Kompressor engine. it will just fly on freeway speed without downshifting, and plenty of go's with 5th or 6th gear.

from the video clips I saw Elise is great in out cornering M3 and Vettes but on straight road they eat elise for lunch

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MattG said:
It should be great on US highways with our lower speed limits, but if the US model is geared similarly the engine could be a bit buzzy (unless they give us a 6 speed..?).
With narrower and more winding city streets the small elise will be A LOT MORE FUN zipping around, US roads are a bit wide open and long. I found driving in Canda is a bit more fun with their narrower roads generally

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts