The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gary. :wave: I'm the blue Elise with the Hoosiers, and I was in the intermediate group. It was the first time I'd tracked the Elise, and the third time at a HPDE. Sorry I didn't come find you to say hello (as a fellow Lotus driver). I was busy hanging with my friend who is a Porsche mechanic, and saying hi to all the people I used to drive autocross with when I had a Porsche 914. :D Hope you had as good a time as I did. :nanner:
For times, my friend was timing me and according to him my best times were: morning run, 1:53; second session, 1:50; and after that he was taking pictures. From my in-car video (which I've only seen one session so far) I had a solid 1:49. In the last session I got to go out first, and my friend was riding with an instructor in a 911. Naturally, my camera stopped recording after the warmup lap (card was full), but I would guesstimate at least one clean 1:48 lap.
Mark, the guy in the Lotus 211, put down a 1:37. And that was in the morning! I have no idea how much faster he might have gotten in the afternoon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Rob - this is Mark with the 2-Eleven. Nice job for your first time in the Elise at Laguna! I'm sure you'll be able to shave a few more seconds off with a little more seat time. I was pleasantly surprised to hear you'd clocked me in the 1.37's. It was my second outing on Yoko slicks in the 2-Eleven and I think they're good for at least 2 or 3 seconds off lap times on treaded tires (I'd been running R888's or A048's previously). I particularly noticed the extra grip after the Corkscrew and down through Turns 9 and 10. Hope to see you back at Laguna some other time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah, I learned to watch for Mark...:cool: That 211 flat boogies out there. Hope to see you both again soon. Anyone know who was in the StormTi Exige?

Gary

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to look for a track day that's just trackmasters, not Porsche Club of America. There were too many restrictions so I had an instructor ride with me who will vouch for me to run advanced. I really want to see what the car will do flat out on Laguna without traffic/ or at least with less passing restrictions. Anywho, great day to be at the track. :D

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Laguna in July

The lotus challenge will be at Laguna July 16 and 17. There are two remaining slots open for experienced drivers for Thursday and Friday is a mixed group with speedventures. We will have a time trial on Thursday and club race on Friday. Check out the website Lotus Challenge Series and click on the rules section for eligibility. Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jim:

Would be fun to join you guys but am out of town July 16th and 17th. I may try and make it to Infineon in October when the LCS returns to NorCal.

Enjoy!

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts