The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I called regarding a service issue, Sherman at Hunting Ridge Motors (HRM) told me today that HRM will be closing its doors this Friday (June 6 '08) :(. He hopes they will be back in business under new ownership in the near future, but "nothing is certain". Sherman is not one of the current owners (that would be Mark and Dave), but I do believe he is a reliable source.

Hopefully someone else can confirm this. Actually, I'd much prefer it not to be true.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
just look at the inventory on the site...between Lotus and Others they always had tons of cars...but its down to a few now...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yes it's true.

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
cult of one?

·
Registered
454 Posts
They still owe me a touch up paint!!!! errrrggg

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I really love that place.

They have done wonderful things within the Lotus community.

I will be truly sad if they cannot find a way to get things restarted.

Best Wishes to all at HRM

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
When I called regarding a service issue, Sherman at Hunting Ridge Motors (HRM) told me today that HRM will be closing its doors this Friday (June 6 '08) :(. He hopes they will be back in business under new ownership in the near future, but "nothing is certain". Sherman is not one of the current owners (that would be Mark and Dave), but I do believe he is a reliable source.

Hopefully someone else can confirm this. Actually, I'd much prefer it not to be true.
Yes, it's true. I just heard this though a cousin, who owns the Calypso Red 1999 Esprit listed for sale on their website.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I was down there today and it's sad sight to see. They have done great things for the community and I probably wouldn't own a Lotus if they weren't in the vicinity. I hope everything works out for them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
please everyone!! contact me!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::huh::huh::huh::huh::confused::confused::confused::confused:-eek--eek--eek--eek--eek-Contact Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave: DON'T WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Wow. Mark and HRM have been so active in the Lotus and exotic car world that it's surprising that they can't keep things going. Is there more to the story than just not being able to sell enough to keep the doors open? Any lessons to be learned here?

And - damn, now I won't be able to go bug them to find out who they sold my Ardent Red '05 with only the sport pack and hard top to down the road when I want to buy it back...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've had nothing but great experiences as HRM and Sherman has been terrific.
I sure hope things work out for him and the techs and they get brought on-board the new dealership (provided a new dealership emerges).

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Wow. Mark and HRM have been so active in the Lotus and exotic car world that it's surprising that they can't keep things going. Is there more to the story than just not being able to sell enough to keep the doors open? Any lessons to be learned here?

There's so much to the story that it will make your head spin!!!

I'd like to inform everyone that Sherman can still help you all in need of warranty work or just general work :)

There WILL be a new Lotus of Greenwich. How do I know? Well, nobody told me, but it's logical. It has been the most successful Lotus franchise in the world (according to wallabyguy) and it already has a very broad list of clientele, and an established reputation.

EDIT: I was mistaken. Sherman cannot do warranty work because he is not an authorized Lotus service center. For warranty work, an authorized Lotus service center can help you only. He can help with aftermarket warranties.

·
Registered
907 Posts
BTW, YOUR PART SHOULD BE HERE BY FRIDAY. NO WORRIES!!
PS. YEP THIS SUX!!!!!!!!
Thanks Sherman. Glad you are sticking around to keep service and parts going. Can I get my 15k done before I move up to Boston?

BTW: nice myspace page! you want a hand with that?

1 - 20 of 142 Posts