Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am merely presenting the info - not intending to imply any wrongdoing...

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
my impression from their website is that these are just pics of cars that came in, not that these 3 (SY, AR, ST) in particular are for sale.

The ad says "order yours today"

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure I agree with your interpretation, but a phone call should clarify that... The actual specs are given on all 3 cars:

IT'S HERE!!! IT'S REALLY HERE!!! 2005 Lotus Elise finished in Storm Titanium Metallic with Black leather interior. This sport-tuned rocket comes straight from the factory with a 1.8L mid-mounted 16-valve DOHC in-line 4-cylinder engine that pushes out 190 BHP, fully independant suspension featuring Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, and front anti-sway bar. This Elise comes equipped with the optional Touring Pack....

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
ivan1 said:
Not sure I agree with your interpretation, but a phone call should clarify that... The actual specs are given on all 3 cars:

IT'S HERE!!! IT'S REALLY HERE!!! 2005 Lotus Elise finished in Storm Titanium Metallic with Black leather interior. This sport-tuned rocket comes straight from the factory with a 1.8L mid-mounted 16-valve DOHC in-line 4-cylinder engine that pushes out 190 BHP, fully independant suspension featuring Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, and front anti-sway bar. This Elise comes equipped with the optional Touring Pack....
well here's what the whole ad says:

2005 Lotus Elise

IT'S HERE!!! IT'S REALLY HERE!!! 2005 Lotus Elise finished in Storm Titanium Metallic with Black leather interior. This sport-tuned rocket comes straight from the factory with a 1.8L mid-mounted 16-valve DOHC in-line 4-cylinder engine that pushes out 190 BHP, fully independant suspension featuring Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, and front anti-sway bar. This Elise comes equipped with the optional Touring Pack, which adds a 4-speaker Blaupunkt Audio System with in-dash CD/MP3 player, cargo net, power windows, additional sounds deadening and carpets, and full leather seats. Other standard features include power-assisted 4-wheel ventilated/cross-drilled disc brakes, Lotus/AP Racing and Brembo calipers with ABS, 16 inch front wheel/17 inch rear wheels mounted with Yokohama AD07 Sport tires, anti-theft alarm system with immobilizer, leather trimmed Momo sport steering wheel, central door locks w/remote, air conditioning, tinted glass, intermittent windshield wiper, starter button, and floor mats. The Elise has been a popular roadster in Europe for years, but this is the first time it is being offered in the U.S. Order yours today! Call Mark Starr at (914) 939-7200 for details.
(emphasis added)

if it's for sale, then they actually have 3 for sale--SY, AR, & ST

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think maybe this one is mine as well...just got mis-shipped to the wrong dealer :confused:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then if they are not cars for sale, they must be waiting list customer cars...but I spoke to Mark Starr on Thursday and they had delivered just 1 customer car as of then....I suppose they could have gotten a few more in on Friday.....

Not that there is necessarily anything wrong with selling at market price - as long as they were not waiting list customers cars.....

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
the pics are labeled with "2004-08-07", so they probably were taken today.

I'm sure Mark will clarify here at some point.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JLElise said:
I think maybe this one is mine as well...just got mis-shipped to the wrong dealer :confused:
I don't recall ever saying that the car they were selling was "mine" - notice the title of the thread - it is not "HRM has MY elise for sale"

·
Registered
592 Posts
I am quite sure these are customer cars. If you click on the Lotus tab they list 3 Elises "For sale". All state :eek:rder your car today" and no reference to prices.

I was down at HRM on Wednesday and drove the ST car shown on their website. That is their demo. They also had already delivered one car and they were expecting another car before the end of the week. That adds up to the three cars pictures. They are just posting the customer cars as they come in. Mark Starr has stated they are not selling cars above MSRP or taking spots the customer gives up to sell at market pricing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
ex-M3 said:
I am quite sure these are customer cars. If you click on the Lotus tab they list 3 Elises "For sale". All state :eek:rder your car today" and no reference to prices.

I was down at HRM on Wednesday and drove the ST car shown on their website. That is their demo. They also had already delivered one car and they were expecting another car before the end of the week. That adds up to the three cars pictures. They are just posting the customer cars as they come in. Mark Starr has stated they are not selling cars above MSRP or taking spots the customer gives up to sell at market pricing.
I was there yesterday, and this is correct. The ST is their demo, which I drove as well, the AR has already been delivered to a custormer, and the SY is being picked up by a customer on Monday. None are for sale.

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Photos for YOU!!!!

Hey Guys,
Slow down there. I am shooting photos of every new color that comes in so I can tell a new client who is thinking about buying one to visit our web site and see what it looks like in the flesh (fiberglass). It also shows well on our web site. Call it marketing or whatever but I also post nice shots for all of you to see as well. I am also selling next years allocation and what better way is there to advertise but to post them on my site???? I think we do a nice job of that as well..............

Attachments

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Mark...come to an autocross...some of your customers are pretty good at it! There are 1-4 events every weekend in this area! Lots of folks would get to see what the car can do, good exposure....maybe it can beat the 340R?

Stan

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Auto Cross

Hey Stan,
I enjoyed autocrossing VERY much the few times I have done it. Driving to me is like sex, I want it last a LONG time. I much perfer road racing and spending a lot of time on the track. The risks are much greater but I feel the rewards, for doing well, are much more enjoyable. Pat Salerno who ordered his car from us was here this weekend and he has been trying to get me out for months. I think I will take him up on it and from what I understand, I don't think I can find a better instructor!!! It's just that when I am starting to ejjoy it, it's over!!!! I wish there was an event that you could do several laps and be at there for at least 10 minutes!!! It does help in understanding the car and to improve your reflexes.................There's nothing like hunting down a Porsche and then showing him your tail lamps.........

Attachments

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Mark - Hey it's all good! I k now what you mean about hunting someone down on the track - it's so much fun.

Some say that autocross is a bit like Formula 1 qualifying. Actually at times I enjoy watching the qualfying more than some of the races! More intense, extreme concentration and your results are measured to the thousandth of a second and mistakes can be obvious to others. It can be very humbling to those that think they can drive. Take Pat up on his offer - he's pretty amazing. Autocross can be boring to watch but gets very interesting indeed when you are in a tight competition.

Stan

·
Registered
592 Posts
Re: Photos for YOU!!!!

Mark Starr said:
Hey Guys,
Call it marketing or whatever but I also post nice shots for all of you to see as well.
Mark,

I agree you take some great pictures of your cars. Everyone shoud go browse the site because you have some great cars there. It is even more fun to visit HRM and see (and hear) some fabulous machinery

p.s. does gratuitous flattery get my car quicker :bow:

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Flattery

Hey EX M3,
Flattery does in deed work. Please come on over and get your car today!!! Pick one from the 30 Elises I have stock piled in our Loft!!! We have sport pack cars in every color and all have hard tops and an extra set of the sport wheels already anodised with an extra set of AO48's already mounted and balanced............ Wouldn't that be nice???? Just dreaming before you all start to send me nasty e mails.........We take great pride in the photos we shoot in order to present the cars in the best light and make em as beautiful as possible. That's an easy task with the Elise. The car is beautiful from every single angle!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts