The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As hurricane Sandy approaching the coast, I'd like to encourage all members who see this post to take a minute and pray for them. Hope everything is ok.

·
Registered
949 Posts
If it were up to God, I'd hope he'd have the foresight to not send a hurricane in the first place.

It's rainy and windy here in NYC. Short gusts of crazy wind. Still some folks frolicking around outside. Hope the car's safe in a Central Parking lot...didn't get a chance to go over there to see if they had sandbagged the door or anything. I'm assuming that'd be normal procedure...

Will update from my perspective in the village as things progress.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If it were up to God, I'd hope he'd have the foresight to not send a hurricane in the first place.

It's rainy and windy here in NYC. Short gusts of crazy wind. Still some folks frolicking around outside. Hope the car's safe in a Central Parking lot...didn't get a chance to go over there to see if they had sandbagged the door or anything. I'm assuming that'd be normal procedure...

Will update from my perspective in the village as things progress.
haha just put sandbags around your car and your car only. itd be hilariously douchey

·
Registered
420 Posts
Come on now, don't start throwing logic in there.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I flew out from LA to Boston on Saturday to be with my folks and ride out the storm. Lost power for a little while but it looks like NYC and Jersey took the bulk of it. Hope everyone else made it through alright! :up:

Pics of down power lines (burbs' outside Boston):

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
My prayers for you guys, I've been through 4 hurricanes including surviving Andrew's 175 MPH winds so I know what it's like.

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some who wasn't affected may have fun and celebrate, but some still have to pay the price..

S

·
0 Posts
Hurricane

It is really to bad that those that work hard and pay their dues have to always be watching their back (and yes there is a lot of honest people out there) that being said I believe we have aright to protect that which is ours AND that includes are loved ones!! We are praying for all of you

·
Registered
949 Posts
We lost power Monday night and have no cell reception in the entire area. Luckily we have the lotus and the garage I chose has stayed open, so we've been able to go uptown for most of each day. I think everything below 25th street still has no power and random spots in uptown don't either. We're being told 3 more days at this point.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Is it too soon for a joke? I'll take a chance.

Have you heard about the new cocktial? It's called the Hurracane Sandy. It's a Manhattan with a saltwater chaser.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
My old street in Normandy Beach NJ
The 2 neighbors next to me had their houses crash into the one behind it breaking it into three pieces with someone stuck inside!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts