The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a quick piece of advice: NEVER drive your Lotus only a couple of weeks after major surgery. You will be sorry. :eek:

·
Registered
261 Posts
ehh, I did it the same day.... That is if you can call having wisdom teeth removed "major" surgery. Come to think of it I bet the pain killers were kicking in by then.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to go see the surgeon for a post-op office visit four days after abdominal surgery. I made it about half way into the car and decided this was not going to be a good experience. I called a cab.
Exactly. I decided since it was nice out the other day to try and take the Elise for a spin. The thing is, I was only 2 weeks from the kidney transplant I had done. I thought I was going to pop my staples out. That ride did not last real long. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
821 Posts
one thought "DUH"...esp with abdominal Sx. that's just silly...

·
I am the solution you see
79 Posts
I did a surgery on my lower back plus a epidural and drove the same day ... did not want to not drive my car ...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Exactly. I decided since it was nice out the other day to try and take the Elise for a spin. The thing is, I was only 2 weeks from the kidney transplant I had done. I thought I was going to pop my staples out. That ride did not last real long. :crazyeyes
I can’t imagine the pain… I have difficulty getting in and out of my Exige after I eat Mexican…

Up and going out for a drive after a Kidney transplant…:crazyeyes I would still be medicated…

·
Registered
617 Posts
you must have been talking about wednesday...wow it was beautiful out

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you must have been talking about wednesday...wow it was beautiful out
Haha, yeah I think it was Wednesday. It may have reached 50º here.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
It hurts more not to drive it :shift:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hey Cardinal,

Glad the surgery is done! Congratulations on a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here's a quick piece of advice: NEVER drive your Lotus only a couple of weeks after major surgery. You will be sorry. :eek:
Should this go in the DD/ general info sticky? Glad to hear that you are on the mend and determined to get back in the saddle!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Such is the power of the Lotus! Even after major surgery, it's hard to resist!
Congrats on the successful surgery-get back in the saddle soon.

Tom

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well on the bright side...It's only a little bit of Physical pain that'll go away soon right? Think about loving a Lotus for a year or so, and NOT HAVING A LICENSE :sad: The emotional pain will never go away xD

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hope You feel better soon. Pitchers and catchers already reported to Spring training. Go Sox!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You and I should start a support group for organ transplant recipients who also own Elises! :up:

Congratulations on your new lease on life and good luck with your recovery...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts