The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

So, my 2010 Evora NA's HVAC blower has stopped working! (for a while, it actually happened while I was heading to the airport to return to Korea... rip) The blower and HVAC system worked fine until the day before it stopped working but blower fan did not work from the start up.

Here are some info
1) The fuse C36 - interior fan is fine.
2) The fan speed does not change when car shuts down or during start up - it just doesn't work.
3) No water accumulation in the cabin, and fix for the water accumulation was done before.
4) The car apparently had similar issue under previous ownership, Lotus technician un-plugged and re-plugged the HVAC motor and it started to work again.

I think the blower motor is gone for good. So my questions are:

Do I have to remove the entire front clam to remove the blower fan? or is it reachable from below?
What-else should I be looking for? blower resister? maybe HVAC ignition fuse?
If I do have to remove the entire front clam, what else should I replace? (I already replaced the master cylinder.. so maybe upgrade the radiator too while I'm there?)
I've checked the cross-part compatibility list and it doesn't show up, I highly doubt blower motor would be Lotus specific part, so is there any cross compatible part for the blower motor?

Thanks in advance guys! Any advise will help so please don't hesitate to give any feedback!

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
There's apparently 2 blower-style fans within the front assembly. No individual part numbers listed, so you'll have to do some hunting once you crack the halves apart. And from what the service notes mention, you have to extract the entire unit before you can open it. Which means discharging the A/C since the evaporator is integral.

1594017311968.png

You may want to check the fan control switch and HVAC panel itself first though. I thought I remember seeing some posts about issues w/ missing fan speeds, and it related to burned out resistors.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
My 400 suffered from Corroded connectors on the A/C. Worked one day and not the next. Maybe you have the same.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
10 year old car, take a look at the AC condenser, might be worth replacing if it is beat up. The one in my Exige was pretty ugly at 8 years 35k miles. I mean, I would not have replaced it if it didn't take a clam off to get to it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts