The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I recently had an issue where the fan just gave out and does not blow air at all. Even normally when the fan is off, there should be a small amount of air coming in through the vents. However, now it doesnt seem anything is blowing.

Is something blocked, a blown fuse (which one?), or is the fan motor dead??

Any thoughts or experiences shared would be appreciated

TIA

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Michael for the quick response. Where is the location of fuse C1?

I am thinking there may be two possible causes for the resistor pack to fail:

1) During a recent car wash and detail, a lot of water sprayed on the car. I've read that the corrosion may occur from frequent and long contact with showers/rain/washes. Perhaps the exposure to constant streams of water flooded the resistor pack compartment with water and it sat there??

2) I recently installed two resistors for the turn signals wiring because I had a fastblink issue after moving the turn signals to the top marker on the 2008 headlight. Not sure if this wiring caused other issues in the wiring harness that made the resistor pack for the HVAC go wonky. WIth your knowledge of the car's wiring and electrical systems, could installing resistors in other parts of the wiring harness cause another failure elsewhere?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Thank you Michael for the quick response. Where is the location of fuse C1? C1 is the 20A fuse under the passenger side dash

I am thinking there may be two possible causes for the resistor pack to fail:

1) During a recent car wash and detail, a lot of water sprayed on the car. I've read that the corrosion may occur from frequent and long contact with showers/rain/washes. Perhaps the exposure to constant streams of water flooded the resistor pack compartment with water and it sat there??

2) I recently installed two resistors for the turn signals wiring because I had a fastblink issue after moving the turn signals to the top marker on the 2008 headlight. Not sure if this wiring caused other issues in the wiring harness that made the resistor pack for the HVAC go wonky. WIth your knowledge of the car's wiring and electrical systems, could installing resistors in other parts of the wiring harness cause another failure elsewhere? No
Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts