The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually it’s not a problem with the AC as it is a problem with the fan speeds. I was driving with the fan power on 1 and I stopped to fill up with gas. After restarting the car, my fan didn’t work. I switched over to the 2nd power level and still no air. Only when I switch the fan to the 3rd level does any air blow out of the vents. I checked all my fuses, and none were blown. So:

1) Has this happened to anyone else?
2) Is it a problem with the fan speed switch, or the fan motor? How do I tell?

Oh and the AC still works fine as long as it’s on the highest fan speed. In fact if I put the fan speed on 1 or 2 and press the AC button or reticulate, those switches still light up even though the fan isn’t working.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
With the TADTS AC problem the volume of air pushed through drops dramatically, increasing the temp (or shutting it off for a bit) lets the iced over part melt and fixes the issue. However, from what you say it doesn't sound like that's the issue. It sounds like a relay or a switch problem.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I had this happen in my Corrado years ago,the resistor that lowers the fan speed is dead so you only get full speed.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I took the car to HRM today. It's not the interior switch, it's the resistors on the blower motor. The clam needs to come off to get at them. Good thing it's under warrantee.

On another note, the guys at HRM are awesome! I highly recommend them for anyone in the NY CT area.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Since the clam has to come off, it would be a good idea to have them check the oil coolers for leaks. If you have only one cooler, it would be a good time to add the second cooler since the majority of the labor is removing the clam and they are doing that anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts