The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a relatively minor gripe, I know, but I'm just wondering if this is normal. Let me first say that my A/C blows nice and cold even on the hottest of days with the temperature knob set to the 1st or 2nd notch on the cold end. However, I have noticed that there is a pretty big change in temp once I turn it to the 3rd notch from cold. The A/C is clearly still running since the air coming out is dry, but I don't get why the temperature adjustment isn't more linear. Sometimes I want the air temp to be somewhere in between full cold and almost warm. Has anyone else noticed this and is it normal? If I recall correctly, it does this in heating mode as well. Full hot on the 1st and 2nd notch, then cools off quite a bit from 3rd notch onward.

·
Illegal Alien
5,007 Posts
This is a relatively minor gripe, I know, but I'm just wondering if this is normal. Let me first say that my A/C blows nice and cold even on the hottest of days with the temperature knob set to the 1st or 2nd notch on the cold end. However, I have noticed that there is a pretty big change in temp once I turn it to the 3rd notch from cold. The A/C is clearly still running since the air coming out is dry, but I don't get why the temperature adjustment isn't more linear. Sometimes I want the air temp to be somewhere in between full cold and almost warm. Has anyone else noticed this and is it normal? If I recall correctly, it does this in heating mode as well. Full hot on the 1st and 2nd notch, then cools off quite a bit from 3rd notch onward.
The system is very basic, it is not an auto feedback system sensing and trying to maintain a certain cabin temperature. What the operator is doing is moving a flap valve bleeding in air past the heater core from zero to partial to full, this is a very non linear setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, alright then. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts