The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Hypersport was running the Exige in the Speed GT World Challenge race at Sebring? I looked through the coverage on SpeedTV.com and saw no mention of them anywhere. They are also not mentioned on the season roster. :shrug:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
They were not. The car was not ready. They wanted to run a certain engine and it was not allowed so they went back to the Toyota engine but it would take longer to get that engine sorted.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Hypersport GT Exige will finally make its (long-awaited) racing debut in the World-Challenge July 17th Mid-Ohio race. As I've come to understand the car was ready to go with a swapped engine but could not run according to the rules; after much work with the stock toyota engine back in its now almost complete. :coolnana:

Found the info from a post on the world challenge series forum here

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Hypersport GT Exige will finally make its (long-awaited) racing debut in the World-Challenge July 17th Mid-Ohio race. As I've come to understand the car was ready to go with a swapped engine but could not run according to the rules; after much work with the stock toyota engine back in its now almost complete. :coolnana:

FINALLY! :shift::nanner::coolnana:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

According to that thread:
"Well, due to new compications we will not be appearing at mid-ohio. "

"We've already made plans to come to Road America so i guess that will be our debut."

:(

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I was at hypersport friday morning dropping off my car and I got to check it out, actually got to hop in the drivers seat and check it out, that thing is a beast...and yes, it wont be ready for mid-ohio, but they are working hard on it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I posted some photos of the car from Barber over at Monkey.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Great looking car. The exige looks incredible with big fender flares.

Looks like a good way to stiffen up the shifter.

Looks like the front turn signals won't pop out.

Am I missing something or are the plug wires missing?

Where does the fuel go in (yes I know it is a sprint race car that will not refuel durring a race)?

Is the horizontal bar behind the turbo to protect the vital parts or is it required to avoid another car from riding up a rear tire in a collision?

Needs a diffuser.

Feel free to ignore this post. I couldn't resist commenting on such a great project.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
so what races does this car run in? and do they show those races on SPEED?

EDIT: Only the GT world challenge???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Jesus this thing is magnificant. Thanks for all the contributions. Interesting to see the evolution from the build pics to the final product. Gorgeous car- and I can't wait to see it compete.:cool:

Here are the pics from the other thread:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts