The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

Just saw a photo of the Hypersport Exige from the 2009 PRI on Chase Cam's stand in the 3/2009 "Racecar Engineering" magazine. Is there any news on this or is it a china egg?

Feff

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hypersport's Exige should be running in the World SPEED challenge events.

Best know as McDreamy's team.

I was HELLA excited till they canceled the Detroit Grand Prix. I was hoping to see it here for the SPEED event.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
News is the car is running and it undergoing final tuning to extract more power from it!

Apparently it was "only" putting out 350HP so it still needs some final tweaking. :eek: :nanner2::shift:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'm starting to doubt this car will ever see competition... anybody know when it's proclaimed debut will be for the 2009 schedule? I'm hoping it's Long Beach so I can see it in person.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Putting a car into competition requires various things to fall into place. In the case of the Hypersport car, the car was supposed to be ready, but who is driving it? Who is paying for it?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I'm willing to give a go at driving it if you are willing to give a go at paying for it!

(the first part is a seriously bad idea lol)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I'm willing to give a go at driving it if you are willing to give a go at paying for it!

(the first part is a seriously bad idea lol)
I think the second part is an even worse idea if you are driving :D

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I stood next to it Saturday evening. Quite an effort, sure looks muscled. About time there was a serious Lotus racing in the US.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
It's undergoing final dyno tuning. For the first two races of the World Challenge Series its being used under a rental basis. After these two races Kurt will be bringing it to LOG 29 for display and the Monday HPDE. Possibly run it during the NASA race over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Link for the race at Sebring
SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge

You will be able to see the entry list (not up yet) and also keep track of real time results.

I will be there working with SCCA and SPEED TV. Anyone need a room?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts