The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'm with you on this one - hypocrisy is this administration's modus operandi, IMO.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
If Todd Beamer had it to do all over again, he would probably let the hijackers crash into the White House!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I think Bush has made mistakes and Im not saying I'd vote for him again, but I also think Bill Clinton was a liar and a piece of shiite and this Kerry character changes his mind on issues more than some change their underwear.

Is there a "none of the above option"?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I think it is interesting that the Democrats can point fingers at Bush over the war, but he can't show or talk about the people who were killed or the damage done to this country. Weather or not you believe the two are related, you have to conceed that Kerry played up his Viatnam experience, and took Dean's message of no war on Iraq for himself. I agree that Bush shouldn't use the 9/11 card, but it was an event that history will look back on and I believe will be studied as a major turning point for American foreign policy. To not acknowledge it is irresponsible, and to attack the President about this issue, and then accuse him of political gain when he speaks of his experiences during the 9/11 event I believe is the real hipocracy.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I heard rumors that Bush may not be invited to the first pres. debate - it might just be Kerry debating Kerry on both sides of the issues:D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
ivan1 said:
I heard rumors that Bush may not be invited to the first pres. debate - it might just be Kerry debating Kerry on both sides of the issues:D
At least, can we all agree that Al Sharpton
should be a 'heartbeat' away from the presidency as V.P.? I'm sure he'd take the post, no matter which schmo won.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I'm glad that the Democrats have already picked their candidate.

Now more time can be spent on debates between the two
parties. This will benefit us voters, since we can find out how each candidate and party stands on the issues, instead of having to focus on internal debates between members of the same party.

Ralph Nader will also be an interesting alternative too.

Hey, when is Sharpton going to get out of the race or is he going to change his name legally to None of the Above and get bamboozled into having Towanda Brawley as his running mate?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I heard he is going to be a regular on SNL now:)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
xxxotic said:
I'm glad that the Democrats have already picked their candidate.

Now more time can be spent on debates between the two
parties. This will benefit us voters, since we can find out how each candidate and party stands on the issues, instead of having to focus on internal debates between members of the same party.

Ralph Nader will also be an interesting alternative too.

Hey, when is Sharpton going to get out of the race or is he going to change his name legally to None of the Above and get bamboozled into having Towanda Brawley as his running mate?
That's To-wa-wa-wa--wa to you sir!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Towanda stays out past her bedtime and is afraid that daddy will get mad at her, so she writes the "N" word on herself with excrement and says that some white kids did it to her so that she wont get in trouble when she gets home.

Rev Al and his buddy Lester Maddox take up her cause and try to start a race war in NY.

Anybody who can get fooled by a 12 year old shouldnt be president...But then our current leaders can be fooled into thinking that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
As I recall the Clinton admin was fooled too...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
xxxotic said:
Towanda stays out past her bedtime and is afraid that daddy will get mad at her, so she writes the "N" word on herself with excrement and says that some white kids did it to her so that she wont get in trouble when she gets home.

Rev Al and his buddy Lester Maddox take up her cause and try to start a race war in NY.

Anybody who can get fooled by a 12 year old shouldnt be president...But then our current leaders can be fooled into thinking that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq...
'The Rev' was actually responsible for the death of a white businessman who had a store on 125th St. in Harlem. The Jews taped him on WLBI (Black Radio) telling everyone that , "we got's to get rid of that god damn interloper, people!" One, or more, of his followers burned down the guy's store and he died.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Come on Mike, how do you really feel? And why do you think presidents, heck most politicians lie? Could an honest person get elected, one who states his or her beliefs in a clear concise manner. I don't think so, I think they all have to change their story so often to pander to special interest that lying is just second nature. I just don't think the American public would appreciate an honest straight forward answer, most people demand the answer they want on each and every issue. We all decry Pork Barrell politics unless the pork is for our district, than it's OK. We all know the fereral spending is out of control but the Meidcare drug bill is passed to appease AARP, and at the same time we cut taxes to appease the "right". Oh my, now we are all happy and our children are left with the problem. When is the last time any special interest group looked beyond their own immediate needs and lobbied for a greater good, I can't recall this happening.
Oh forget it, our politicans are reflections of our society, it ain't Clinton and Bush, it is us!
And now back to cars!

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mean TT said:
I think it is interesting that the Democrats can point fingers at Bush over the war, but he can't show or talk about the people who were killed or the damage done to this country. Weather or not you believe the two are related, you have to conceed that Kerry played up his Viatnam experience, and took Dean's message of no war on Iraq for himself. I agree that Bush shouldn't use the 9/11 card, but it was an event that history will look back on and I believe will be studied as a major turning point for American foreign policy. To not acknowledge it is irresponsible, and to attack the President about this issue, and then accuse him of political gain when he speaks of his experiences during the 9/11 event I believe is the real hipocracy.
Ahh there's the post I was expecting... the one accusing me of being a "democrat".

Sorry, you're wrong on that one. I vote for the best candidate, not the party they're a member of. Anyway, I'll let you return to your life now... I'm sure you have to get back to blindly following your leader.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I can't believe I'm even going to touch this thread. While I've made it clear before that I believe we've got the best system, there are problems with it. But when the majority of the country doesn't take part in the political system, the problems get worse. The worst part is that the people not taking part are usually the people who are moderates. It's easy to get complacent when things are how you want them... then before you know it, right under your nose, some radical group (left OR right) has made new laws that make things suck, and you're stuck with it. This country needs participation levels to rise drastically.

As far as the rest goes... do I think Bush is perfect? Hell no. I just know that as far as the area I understand the most(national defense and military issues) he makes more sense to me than some of the others out there. I don't agree with a lot of other things he does, but I think he's done one thing at least that I agree with strongly: Put the 'big stick' back in american foreign policy.

You may love or hate him for it, but it's back. I'm personally glad, because I don't believe that most other countries are as well-intentioned as we'd like to believe. They'd happily have better economies than us, they'd happily have bigger militaries, and they'd happily rub it in our face if they did. Imagine if France had the largest military force in the world. Do you believe that they'd hesitate to use intimidation against us? And they're our ALLIES. China is in a big hurry to build up military force. Do I think they will try to invade us? No, but they will bully us if they can, and I don't like being bullied. (better to be the buller than the bullee?)

As far as other stuff Bush does... well, it's fair to say I'm pissed about his environmental policy track record, and I'm not too thrilled about the pandering to AARP.

I think most of us here are fairly well informed on the issues and have set our own opinions in. We're definitely biased in different ways, but I don't think anyone is 'blindly following' the leader. Not many on this forum seem that politically illiterate, at any rate. The problem is that there are a hell of a lot of people out there in society who aren't caring about the political process in their own country... so preach to THEM, and go vote. And that means your city, your county, your state... It's not as if the presidency is the only elected official that can do anything for you.

If you're doing that, then you're doing your part, this post isn't for you. If not, no whining when it all falls apart.

Cade

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.