The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hypothetically...

If I wanted to really push my Lotus, however I couldn't/didn't want to go to the track/mountains, where are some good city diving locations?

This is a favorite route of mine on the weekends, as there is never any traffic and the route is extremely Lotus friendly.

Inverness Dr W to S Havana St - Google Maps

I am certainly not advocating breaking any traffic laws and safety first and yaadah yaddah yaddah.... :)

If anyone else has a favorite stretch around town, please share!

·
Registered
471 Posts
go out a little more East to Hwy 83...it is scenic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
83 is ok, but it's not very curvy and you always get stuck behind someone. Do you have a particular stretch you like?

Post a link with the route from Google Maps!

·
Registered
406 Posts
As someone who nearly lost his license doing 83 in a 35 on a completely deserted 4 lane road in broad daylight with perfect visibility and good weather, go to HPR. It really isn't fun paying almost $2000 total with lawyer fees, driving school courses, fines, etc and it doesn't matter how empty and safe the road is to be driving on. One cop at the wrong time and you're screwed.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If I wanted to really push my Lotus, however I couldn't/didn't want to go to the track/mountains...
Oooh, a game!

Like, "If I wanted to go to Hawaii but didn't want to fly or take a boat..."

"If I wanted to have sex with a hot, famous woman but not a supermodel or actress..."

"If I wanted to gamble in Vegas, but don't like cards or dice..."

Travis is exactly correct. A day at HPR is cheaper than a speeding ticket and lasts a lot longer. I keep asking myself when the thrill of the track will wear off, but it's still going strong after 10 track days.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Vulcan and all are 100% correct - bring it to HPR sometime. If you head out with either a school/club (strongly recommend BMW or PCA) you'll be good or if you head out with a few of us regulars you'll be fine too. What you DON'T want to do is go out on an open day by yourself or with someone who's not extremely experienced. That's a good way to have a horrible and possibly damaging time.

Feel free to drop me an email - ross at jasbone dawt-com and I'll let you know a day some of us are heading out. If you've never driven your car on a track you've never driven you car. If you've never ridden in one on track with an experienced driver you have no idea what these cars are capable of :)

As for good street drives there are NONE. Sure, you could have fun for 2 seconds here, 3 seconds there all while risking yourself, your car, others, your financial future, etc. At the track you have fun for 20 MINUTES at a time, not 20 seconds.

Just my .02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts