The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you guys know I have placed an order for a Lotus evora but what was told I would only be able to get a 2013 edition, October delivery or later. I just couldn't wait, so I pulled the trigger on a 2012 Aspen white IPS Evora with black interior with red sticking, with 19 front 20 rear black forged rims and of course fully loaded. It was at the Lotus of Portland and was delivered yesterday morning around 930am to Star motors cars of Houston. I received the car with with 33 miles on it and since I took yesterday off, by the time I got to work today there is 236 miles on it!!!! I want to say how gorgeous of a vehicle it is, from the handling to the weight distribution to the comfort level of the car. I must say I can't wait to get over this break in period of 4k rpms....it is killing me!! Either way I am absolutely smitten by this machine and hope to see some of you members around at LOST meet ups and F1 in November in Austin.

Side note: pictures or GTFO, they will be loaded and posted tonight :UK: ....

·
Registered
75 Posts
You probably saw mine in the service shop yesterday. I was getting an ECU software update and reset some weird code issue. Congrats and hope to see you around town.

·
Registered
840 Posts
break in period

I was told there is no break in period? It would be OK to just go out and drive it - others have.

I plan to keep the RPMs down until the first service at 1000 miles regardless of what I was told by the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice!!! It's strange how many Evora owners are popping up in Htown!

Hopefully I'll be joining the ranks too, but in Solar Yellow! :)

Also, sweet P9981!

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Use the motor a bit more. Its sustained RPMs you want to avoid, not the occasional burst. Every 100 miles give a quick run a thousand RPMs higher. I've done this for 25 yrs and NEVER had an oil burner.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts