·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Congratulations!

Reactions: Whoafiveoh

·
Registered
86 Posts
Major congrats bud. Doug Tabbutt is a very good seller with loads of integrity. I wouldn't worry about a car he is selling. You'll be fine. 👍👍 Was wondering if someone on here bought it when he did his weekly inventory video on his IG channel (he said it had a deposit on it). Now we know. Major congrats again. 👍👍

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
. Hoping I don’t regret buying a car sight unseen.

Trying to contain any excitement until all is said and done.
I just did the same with a 1960 MGA Twin Cam... with a seized engine.. in New York.

I suspect you will fare far better. :D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Thank you for buying It, soooooo tempting!!!! Congrats! Price was high but worth it IMO. Are you going to put it back to stock?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for buying It, soooooo tempting!!!! Congrats! Price was high but worth it IMO. Are you going to put it back to stock?
Price was high. I’ve always said if I buy an Exige it had to be krypton. After sleeping on it, all logic was thrown away. Life is short. I have been on the hunt for a while, but it never lined up. Figured if I let this one pass, will I ever get one that lines up?

Going to drive it as it for a little. Cosmetic mods look decently tasteful.
Hoping I don’t get too power happy, but won’t be surprised if a BOE REV400 could enter the picture.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Price was high. I’ve always said if I buy an Exige it had to be krypton. After sleeping on it, all logic was thrown away. Life is short. I have been on the hunt for a while, but it never lined up. Figured if I let this one pass, will I ever get one that lines up?

Going to drive it as it for a little. Cosmetic mods look decently tasteful.
Hoping I don’t get too power happy, but won’t be surprised if a BOE REV400 could enter the picture.
Well, look at it this way. Original MSRP was like 60k ish? The car only has 15k miles. So you were not far off. So you snagged a low mileage, best and most desirable color (imo) collector worthy car. Your absolutely Right to throw logic out the window, this was a very rare opportunity. You dont see many krypton exiges pop up.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Now for the real question - is it sacrilege to drive it 2,000 miles home?
Provided you've had it thoroughly gone over to prepare for such a trip, it would be a sin not to.

Factor into the timing for your trip extra time when stopping for gas or food. You will be engaged by a number of people who want to know about your car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Now for the real question - is it sacrilege to drive it 2,000 miles home?
Absolutely not! You bought this thing to drive it, right? Truth be told, you could put 40k miles on this thing and you’d maybe take a $5k hit in resale (assuming you paid $60k) in 2022 values.

I was in the same boat in 2018, purchasing a similar condition car with <6k miles. My philosophy is to avoid commuting/mundane driving in it and the decision making process to drive (or not) involves determining if the drive is purposeful to make the mileage worth it (e.g., backroad blasts, cars and coffee meets, etc.)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts