The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and added this to the stable (instead of an Evora S). I really liked the Evora but could not find one that had the options I wanted and I'm a bit concerned about no dealer in 100 miles. I don't drive the Exige much (still have that for track abuse, I mean use :) so maintenance is not as much of a concern for that. This car is my summer DD...

Paid today (ouch), get it next week. I'll post better pics with the Exige when it comes in...

Roy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
FistHammer - I had one of those for 14 years before I moved to the Evora ... :) I wasn't old... "still aren't" lol.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
May I ask why? (Without going into too much depth)
Because the Evora is only for people who must have it. And you must love it unconditionally--it is at once an exceptional and surprisingly unacceptable car to own. No car of this caliber should ever have the problems this car has. If you're okay paying $80-90K for a car that you'll need to take in for warranty issues every month or tw, or like me, fix yourself, then go for it. Had I known the problems I had to fix under warranty, I wouldn't pay half what I paid. Anyway I'm used to it and enjoy the car everyday but I wouldn't wish this car on anyone.

·
Registered
173 Posts
like how the new cabriolets look so much better from the side now due to the better looking top design. resembles their coupe counterpart more. Congrats. looks like an S from the red brakes?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Because the Evora is only for people who must have it. And you must love it unconditionally--it is at once an exceptional and surprisingly unacceptable car to own. No car of this caliber should ever have the problems this car has. If you're okay paying $80-90K for a car that you'll need to take in for warranty issues every month or tw, or like me, fix yourself, then go for it. Had I known the problems I had to fix under warranty, I wouldn't pay half what I paid. Anyway I'm used to it and enjoy the car everyday but I wouldn't wish this car on anyone.
Thank you! Perhaps the most valueable post to me EVER. That explains it all so nicely to an aspiring Evora S owner. It's like being obsessed with the girl you know damn well is going to break your heart, but yet you still lust after her. I'm so fooked :wallbang:

.....but will probably end up enjoying every digital click of the odometer while "Come on Baby Make it Hurt So Good" is blasting on the radio.

Damn you Squidward for appealing to my sense of passion!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
like how the new cabriolets look so much better from the side now due to the better looking top design. resembles their coupe counterpart more. Congrats. looks like an S from the red brakes?

IIRC isn't this generation's "soft top" really a fabric wrapped folding hardtop? magnesium panels or something I think...

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Thank you! Perhaps the most valueable post to me EVER. That explains it all so nicely to an aspiring Evora S owner. It's like being obsessed with the girl you know damn well is going to break your heart, but yet you still lust after her. I'm so fooked :wallbang:

.....but will probably end up enjoying every digital click of the odometer while "Come on Baby Make it Hurt So Good" is blasting on the radio.

Damn you Squidward for appealing to my sense of passion!
Hehe. I think this post is deserving of tagline status ..:)

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
May I ask why? (Without going into too much depth)
There have been a lot of good threads on the shortcomings of the Evora. For me it comes down to quality, availability of service, and design gaps. The first, quality is obvious imo. Lotus still has some work to do there. The second is that there are two good P dealers in town; the closest dealer is 100 miles away. The third for me is just keeping up with current expectations for cars in this price range.

On the other and love the driving dynamics of the Evora. :)

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is an "S", thanks!

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IIRC isn't this generation's "soft top" really a fabric wrapped folding hardtop? magnesium panels or something I think...
Porsche explains it as you described it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you all for confirming my beliefs about the Evora. I understand exactly what you're saying.

I sincerely hope the next line (future models) do not suffer from these issues. I am setting my sights on the next generation pretty heavily.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
why does it take a week for delivery? did you order extra add-ons or something
Some of it is just the holiday. Closed the deal on Friday, pickup Thursday. I did have them install a clear bra on the nose but they are really slow...

Roy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts