The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I didn't go for a C6 ;)

My dealer had a December build car that was homeless. It was not exactly what I wanted, but I figured I can get manual window cranks, and Sport pack suspension and wheels later. The expected delivery for my car would have been 4-8 months later. At least it's the right color and has the hardtop I wanted. I figure the rest of it bolts on...

WooHoo!

Ara

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Congrats. Agreed you can modify later.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
that cool! congratulations! what color?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ara said:
The ONLY color that matters. I get to be in a special club. Does that help?:cool:
Oh ya.....that funky aztec bronze color! Congratulations Ara!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
The club of ONE! Five years from now the one person who bought AB will be trying to sell, will say "one of a kind", and still get no takers...:huh:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Someone told me the power windows weigh less than the manual cranks. If this is the case, what's the advantage of switching?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Talked to a Lotus engineer some time ago, the leccy windows weigh SLIGHTLY more than the manuals, not a huge difference, take that to mean a pound or two but didnt get an actual weight diff.
Chris

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saga over....

Sudden change in plans!

I came across an Ardent Red car with the Sport package and boom, I bought it. I'm picking it up in San Antonio in the morning. I'm excited about this as I get my manual crank windows and the sport pack. I was feeling a little dissapointed about giving up both of those things. Red was my second choice color (it displaced yellow after I noticed half the cars delivered in Houston seem to be yellow...).

Anyone have a red hardtop for sale?

Ara

No CO for me. :(

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Window cranks rule! Wish I had 'em. :(

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I like the manual windows, I would do one thing though. Drive home remove the torx screw holding the crank on, apply loctite and reassemble.
You will be gald you did.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Conrats, Ara. Welcome to the club. :)

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Great to hear it! :up:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ara,

Congratulation on the Ardent LSS! Looks like you're going to have beautiful weather for driving back from San Antone today. :) Too bad you're flying to Thunderhill this weekend. Maybe you should leave the car at my place for, uh, "detailing". :rolleyes:

John

·
Registered
430 Posts
Okay, I'm sure you're home by now, let's see some photos. I know you told Wally that he could borrow your car this weekend, but he said I could use it for some dirt track laps at the sprint car track. Hope that's okay with you. :D

John

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Elise is in the garage resting from its trip home. It was a nice day for it. Cool and sunny. Thanks to Jeff T. for helping bring it home. It was cool to drive it for a while and then watch it go down the road for a while, etc. The car looks like a hamster going down the road. It is so wide for its height, it looks fantastic. Red is a great color for the car.

The sport suspension is a little more jiggly than the base one and I did not find anywhere to exercise the sport suspension. The radio takes a little getting used to and I positively hate the alarm / remote system. I don't ever seem to know when I need to press it or not.

I was surprised that there is no clutch interrupt switch. It has been years since I was in a (street) car that lurches when you start it in gear...

Photos coming soon.

Ara

1 - 20 of 28 Posts