The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I just got a red light camera ticket from the city of Roswell Ga "safe light" program.:wallbang:

$70.

It captured my plate clear as day.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Infuriated. The fat bastard pigs don't even have to do their joke of a %&*@#$% job anymore with this automated revenue system.

Any advice from any other locals screwed over by Roswell with these?
To swear you were want the driver they want a notarized statement of who the driver was so they can give them a ticket. Does anyone who never plans on entering the state of GA want to be the driver? Dietrich?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Cobb County has three of them now: Windy Hill at Cobb Pkwy., Allgood at Cobb Pkwy., and Powder Springs at South 120 Loop. I managed to get mine at reduced, as I was in the left turn lane at Allgood, then decided to go straight after checking for traffic. The light was still green, but not the turn light. Got it reduced from $70 to $22, as the court agreed, but wanted me to cover their costs.

If you ran the red light, pay the fine. If Roswell is like Cobb, you don't get any points but just line their coffers. You're right that it's a racket, but just pay the man.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Why you running red lights Keith? lol There is an intersection with red light cameras up here, I always see it snapping pics of people taking a right turn on red. :shrug: **** like this should be outlawed.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have the option of swearing that someone else was the driver as long as you give them their name and address and notarizing it. I was thinking perhaps someone with no plans of visiting GA again in the future may of been visiting that day. But then I thought, hmmm what if that person has also died since 1/23/09?

I think the shadesters need to be outshaded.

Anyone have the name and address of someone that has been shot in the last couple days?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
You have the option of swearing that someone else was the driver as long as you give them their name and address and notarizing it. I was thinking perhaps someone with no plans of visiting GA again in the future may of been visiting that day. But then I thought, hmmm what if that person has also died since 1/23/09?

Anyone have the name and address of someone that has been shot in the last couple days?
Keith, you'd better hope the local authorities don't monitor LT... remember this thread?

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f68/idiotic-street-racer-67892/

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My real name isn't on here. It's just in "theory" anyway.
This may even be someone posting under my user name. Perhaps the same person who was driving. Who knows with these things, right?
The "local authorities" should probably be out writing legal tickets rather than letting this automated buuuuuuuuul$h!t do their job for them.

·
Registered
232 Posts

Keith bullets are cheap. I'm sure there is someone deserving.

If I recall correctly its a GLOCK

rotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotfl

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
My real name isn't on here. It's just in "theory" anyway.
This may even be someone posting under my user name. Perhaps the same person who was driving. Who knows with these things, right?
The "local authorities" should probably be out writing legal tickets rather than letting this automated buuuuuuuuul$h!t do their job for them.
Yeah, I hear ya'... but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor (or revenge)...

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keith bullets are cheap. I'm sure there is someone deserving.

If I recall correctly its a GLOCK

rotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotfl
Oh I have lots of bullets already. :crazyeyes
Not a Glock but a .357 magnum hollowpoint does have a one stop shot percentage of something like 98%. (and there are 6 more where that first one came from- just in case)

That might be a little excessive though.
(On a totally unrelated note my friend Stacy and I came up with a pretty good plan to collect all the TV and expensive electronic items boxes and save them up, then put them all out by the curb at once and wait inside to see what kind of scum broke in then do the world a favor :eek: We were just joking around though, and she was keeping her plasmas box for herself)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oh I have lots of bullets already. :crazyeyes
Not a Glock but a .357 magnum hollowpoint does have a one stop shot percentage of something like 98%. (and there are 6 more where that first one came from- just in case)

That might be a little excessive though.
(On a totally unrelated note my friend Stacy and I came up with a pretty good plan to collect all the TV and expensive electronic items boxes and save them up, then put them all out by the curb at once and wait inside to see what kind of scum broke in then do the world a favor :eek: We were just joking around though, and she was keeping her plasmas box for herself)

Where were you when I needed you? :shrug:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f68/csi-digital-picture-enhancement-needed-67838/

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bummer. In what state are you in? In GA you do not need any permit to carry in your home, car, or place of business (the latter 2 are considered an extension of your home). You also don't need to register it. And you can shoot first and ask questions later. For your first firearm purchase I do highly recommend anything chambered in .357 magnum. Also from a revolver you can also shoot .38 special from it. (Either of which would be nice for a redlight camera)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Shoot the camera! One shot, one kill!;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bummer. In what state are you in? In GA you do not need any permit to carry in your home, car, or place of business (the latter 2 are considered an extension of your home). You also don't need to register it. And you can shoot first and ask questions later. For your first firearm purchase I do highly recommend anything chambered in .357 magnum. Also from a revolver you can also shoot .38 special from it. (Either of which would be nice for a redlight camera)
where I'm from they gotta be locked up.:(
Sport only no SD.

·
Registered
180 Posts
sorry if this is a bit harsh... But get a clue... If you can read your plate then a camera probably can too..it amazes me how some people can buy into snake oil like this...

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry if this is a bit harsh... But get a clue... If you can read your plate then a camera probably can too..it amazes me how some people can buy into snake oil like this...
Yeah a little harsh, #$%@$$. But I'm sure all your posts here will be pure gold. After all it looks like you believe that Lotus is actually coming out with a factory supercharger. A few people have been waiting on that one since 2005. I never really thought it would work, even though they do have several "independent" video reviews from such trusty sources as Fox news on their page. It's not like the spray inself cost me anything, actually I profited on it a little as a bunch of guys ordered it together, then a couple others payed me $15 a plate to spray theirs with what was left. :shrug:

The ticket though, well that's $70 unless I avoid payment of it by one of the outlined things on the back.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I can verify that Photoblocker spray doesn't work worth a crap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because I just got a red light camera ticket from the city of Roswell Ga "safe light" program.

$70.

It captured my plate clear as day.

Infuriated. The fat bastard pigs don't even have to do their joke of a %&*@#$% job anymore with this automated revenue system.

Any advice from any other locals screwed over by Roswell with these?
To swear you were want the driver they want a notarized statement of who the driver was so they can give them a ticket. Does anyone who never plans on entering the state of GA want to be the driver? Dietrich?

LOL don't you watch MYTHBUSTERS down in the USA:shrug:, it's a good show they busted all kinds of photo radar snake oil.rotflrotfl

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love mythbusters. I don't even know if it was on 4 or 5 years ago when I got the stuff.
I remember at the time I wanted to get one of those goofy plate covers but they distorted the plate a lot so I figured I'd get a regular donut cop ticket for that one. When it was first put on my friend took a digital pic of his plate with it and the flash did overexpose.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'd say you could use my name, but I have family out that way (that I don't talk to). But with my luck something would happen to me. lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts