The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
GT4 ROCKS!

Just returned from E3 where I had a chance to play the demos in the Sony booth. The game play is stellar (as expected). Graphics are phenomenal. Lotus has a big presence. And... you're going to have to get the new steering wheel designed for the game from Logitech.

Add on-line head to head gameplay (buy the modem) and you've got a game that kicks all the other driving games! (and there were plenty at E3 being shown...)

According to Logitech the wheel is going be listed at $149. Modems are $35 or so and the game will be around $60.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vantage said:
Is the entire Nurburgring mapped out?
For E3, Sony announced three additional tracks, the famous 13-mile, 176-turn Nurburgring test track, Capri and a Hong Kong street track. During the presentation Kazunori-san also mentioned tracks based in Shibuya, Brooklyn, Sagano, Nagano and San Marco. These latter tracks were not playable or shown, but will be part of the final 50 tracks that make up Gran Turismo 4.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/515/515023p1.html

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW MUST HAVE NOW

This is the only thing I want want as much as the Elise. Food, water, love, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

Ok, maybe that's not quite true, but damn that game looks awesome

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hooked up GT3 for the kids today. We have set up a little car made out of a plastic tub with the original Logitech wheel. It sounds like there is a new wheel out? I love the rally mode on GT3. With the wheel it really pulls and you can feel the bumps and drifts.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
sony is a punk!!! This game is already out in Asia and most probably Europe. This game was supposed to be released before Christmas last year. Then they pushed it to May/June. And just like Lotus, Sony pushed the release date back again to December '04. This game better be good.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
M3 GTR!!!! YEEEEEHAAAAW!!

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
PS - I've never played GT3 with the wheel, only with the default controllers. Do you all suggest getting the wheel?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
transio said:
PS - I've never played GT3 with the wheel, only with the default controllers. Do you all suggest getting the wheel?
yes...make sure you get the new 900 degree wheel though

·
purveyor of lightness
4,160 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Okay, so I've been out of the console world for a while (Sega Genesis, when new, was my most recent purchase... :p ), but this is way beyond where I thought the tech was - is that screen shot above a real time render? Guess all that work spent on first-person shooters (bleh) may actually have an enjoyable offshoot.

[edit]
So I looked at the current Logitech "Driving force" steering wheel - looks like brake/gas, no clutch pedal. I guess shifting is just touching a button on the wheel? No setups have that third pedal or shifter?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HoopyFrood said:

[edit]
So I looked at the current Logitech "Driving force" steering wheel - looks like brake/gas, no clutch pedal. I guess shifting is just touching a button on the wheel? No setups have that third pedal or shifter?
the new logitech 900 wheel comes with a (sequential) shifter

1 - 20 of 29 Posts