The Lotus Cars Community banner

Of these 3 colors, which would you choose!

• Laser Blue

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Saffron Yellow

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Ardent Red

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to choose between these three colors, which would you choose and why?

I'm leaning to laser at the moment, because my mom loved blue and much of the reason I'm buying the car is because she was my inspiration. It's also a gorgeous color.

However, I always wanted a yellow sports car, but I'd rather have lightning, not saffron. AND everyone seems to be buying a yellow LSS, and I want to be different, but not as different as CO.

Finally, I like ardent because you cant go wrong with a red sports car.

I'm sure you all had/have the same issues, but I dont have any husband/wife to bicker over colors with, and my dad will buy his in whatever color I dont buy.

Please, need help! Just talked to my dealer today, and it looks like I'll be ordering soon :D

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
After you made your case for each color, you convinced me that you want laser blue! It sounds like blue has a special meaning to you, so you should go for it. It's a very pretty color, too, I might get it myself if I didn't have a blue car already.

·
Registered
971 Posts
The Laser Blue is beautiful. And no matter which color you get your car in, you can still get 1/18 scale models in Laser Blue, Lightning Yellow and Ardent Red, so you can still have all three parked together. :)

One of the other guys I met at Hethel also has a Laser Blue model, and he commented how the car we were looking at in the parking lot (from the control tower) looked just like the model.

I've posted him before, but Yoda is just having so much fun in his Laser Blue Elise.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
:confused: Order what your gut tells you (LB), not what any of us tell you. Besides, we'll just steer you towards a color we are not ordering so we don't run into each other on the road and see a twinkie!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
dez said:
:confused: Order what your gut tells you (LB), not what any of us tell you. Besides, we'll just steer you towards a color we are not ordering so we don't run into each other on the road and see a twinkie!
He's wrong.

Don't get yellow. It sucks. It attracts bees.

:p

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
MW... you've made a compelling reason to pick Laser Blue. That's what I would go with. Besides, there will be plenty of other Ardent Red and Saffron Yellow Elises. But how many will be in Laser Blue?

BK

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
dez said:
See what I mean? Randy is now going for yellow apparently.....
On order: Saffron Yellow, Black Touring interior, Sports Suspension

:)

I think she would look good in blue.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I would pick the Laser Blue because there will be less of them on the road and it will be *near* invisible to cops. :D

They will think it is a new Carmen Ghia or something.. :D

J/K

zOOmz

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Hi Lil,
Get the Laser Blue, it's timeless, it'll be classy and easy to manage, it wont show swirls like red and it's a rarer shade of blue on anything on four wheels. The closests thing to it I've seen was the blue offered on the 993.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I voted for ardent red, because yesterday, I took half a day off from work to help a friend wash, clean, polish and wax his newly acquired, 1959 356, which is painted.....RED ! And I've gotta tell you, it looked awfully good when we were through with it. The Elise is not a 356, I know this, but it's about the same size (lengthwise). Anyway it just looked great all shiny and clean, and having seen your reaction to the saffron yellow at the show, I don't think you'll really ever be happy with it, so you should probably rule it out.

Blue would be good too, but I think you're really a RED person, Lilly.;)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Get anything BUT red - so when I get my Ardent with biscuit interior car there won't be any others and I'll have the only one.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
The car is beautiful in all three colors, so you can't make a bad decision there. I admire your reason for blue, but I suspect she would want you to pick the color that moves you the most.

You will likely see fewer Laser Blue cars on the road, but the others cost less (not important if you meet that rich guy before you have to order :D ).

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another reason I though of not getting red is because my FIAT is red! And nothing beats a italian car painted ferrari red!

Now I'm leaning to black too, but I dont want metallic black, which means special order=delayed delivery. So I'm thinking its not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Yellow is for corvettes owned by 45 year old mullet wearing lottery winners
[/B]

LOL, that's a good one ! :p

Sounds about right, but really you've gotta remember that it is a traditional color for Lotus - not that many people over here would know that.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
mikester said:

Sounds about right, but really you've gotta remember that it is a traditional color for Lotus - not that many people over here would know that.
True, but as long as everyone gets to make fun of my future "Flying Frog", I get to make fun of their traditional colors ;)

I will admit to liking the Type 25

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts