The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I CAN'T WAIT!!!! - Estimed Delivery Date anyone?????

WHEN WHEN WHEN???? It's getting close and NOONE has even began whispering when it will be here for sure.

-------------------

On an extremely sad note, the possibility of me not being able to afford it is looming greater. I am starting a business and it's chewed through most of my deposit. After wanting this car for several years and having a deopsit down for an extremely long time to have to let go now sucks a**. I will be able to afford it next year at this time but right now dark clouds are looming overhead.... :(

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I'm a pessimist (that way I'm usually right and when I'm wrong I'm happy) I'm thinking early/mid June.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Well, nothing is sure. When I last talked to my dealer a couple of weeks ago, the latest word from Lotus was end of April. They were a bit skeptical.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ConeFusion said:
Well, nothing is sure. When I last talked to my dealer a couple of weeks ago, the latest word from Lotus was end of April. They were a bit skeptical.
I spoke to my dealer this weekend and they said they might find out allotments this week.

If I use my fine tea leaf reading skills, maybe they will find out estimated delivery dates this week?

Lotus Fury, you are one of the lucky ones, I'm JUST placing my order today. I'm in the second batch.

It sure will be painful watching everybody and their mothers driving around in an elise while I wait. UGH!!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
By using some quoted information from other posts this is what I gathered.

3 Weeks to actually make the car, they are starting March 1st, then sending the first 8 cars to the press releasse, all the other cars are going to be customer cars.

March, + 3 weeks, + one month for delivery as stated by someone in another thread around here...

So add 2 months to March, mid late may early JUNE is my BET!!

Adam P

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Adam P said:

March, + 3 weeks, + one month for delivery as stated by someone in another thread around here...

So add 2 months to March, mid late may early july is my BET!!
What happened to June? ;)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I've talked to two dealers recently and one said they expected the first cars in late April, the other said in May.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
My dealer dropped the month May out of the Blue so I think they have been told an approx date. keeping track in my sig.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As Always Guesswork

My order also just went in. My dealer is expecting first cars end of May early June, and is figuring 5 per month or so, but said Lotus is not telling anyone.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Here's my take... for what it's worth

My order has been in at Valenti in CT since October. I am #6 on the list of deliveries and the car was ordered through Lotus Jan 9. Last week, I asked the dealer to change my order if possible to add the Sport Package in addition to Touring, hard top, etc. Fortunately, there was still time to make the change through Lotus. Unfortunately, however, this means the car as of last week was still in the order process and no build has begun.

I am expecting delivery late April or early May.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I'm in the 3rd batch and my guy keeps saying august which by extrapolation fits the math above.

·
Registered
394 Posts
babak said:
I'm in the 3rd batch and my guy keeps saying august which by extrapolation fits the math above.

For the record, this would be the first time EVER that my math skills have been right!

Adamp

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Adam P said:
For the record, this would be the first time EVER that my math skills have been right!

Adamp
By tone of your voice I gather that you might want to call hell and see if it's froze over :D :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
MATH 101 ++

I agree with others I think 5 a month is accurate. Do the 2200 divided by 40 dealers works out to 5 per month. Also first order for dealers was due Jan 9, some 60 days latter the next batch of 10 orders is due. Low and behold! 5 per month. I think this is the allocation. People wish for April deliveries but I just think that is too optomistic. I think realistic deliver is first 5 around June1, 2nd 5 around July 1 etc. I know this isn't what people, including me, want to hear but I think this is as accurate a guess based on the "facts" as we know them.
Mark

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Re: MATH 101 ++

tahoemark said:
I agree with others I think 5 a month is accurate. Do the 2200 divided by 40 dealers works out to 5 per month. Also first order for dealers was due Jan 9, some 60 days latter the next batch of 10 orders is due. Low and behold! 5 per month. I think this is the allocation. People wish for April deliveries but I just think that is too optomistic. I think realistic deliver is first 5 around June1, 2nd 5 around July 1 etc. I know this isn't what people, including me, want to hear but I think this is as accurate a guess based on the "facts" as we know them.
Mark
I was told late April by my dealer. This was the revised date he gave me after talking to LCUSA.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Re: Re: MATH 101 ++

Derek said:
I was told late April by my dealer. This was the revised date he gave me after talking to LCUSA.
I was told by the folks at Autostrada that they would start shipping in April, so they expected a May delivery date for the first batch. Which means that mine might arrive by July.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Andreas said:
I spoke to my dealer this weekend and they said they might find out allotments this week.
Correction, spoke to him today, it sounds like they might find out at the dealer meeting later this month. (The one were they get to drive around the track)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts