The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D
A week ago today I returned to PA from FL with my 2006 Elise!!!
I couldn't be happier. I left Friday morning, flew to Orlando, drove to Vero Beach met Hayes, his boys, and the Wire Wheels crew. Then, I was introduced to my new flower. After, 18+ hours and 1,100 miles I was back with a huge smile on my face. I think my first message on my return trip was to my 19 YO daughter and Mini Cooper driving track partner. It went something like "this is the coolest thing I've ever driven!"
Here's a shameless plug for Wire Wheels - it was a great experience from beginning to end. I went down there $ in hand with a one way ticket and a one way rental car. I was not disappointed. It's exactly what was advertised, a rebuilt title car in great condition. These guys know their stuff.
I gotta say, so far it's been an adventure - but a good one. First, some of the thunderstorms I drove through on I95 in FL and SC made me wonder if this car floats! Yes, the roof leaks but only a little in storms that would scare Noah.
Yes, the drivers side window stopped working after I got back (stuck down) - good thing that didn't happen during the thunderstorms! But, after looking inside the door panel and finding that the window came disconnected from the lifter because there were no nuts on the screw heads. A trip to the hardware store to get 2 M6 nuts and reattach took care of that. Ok, the rear view mirror came un-glued too, but it has a new windshield. Fix that too.
Yes, I know this is what it is. But, when I get on it and the cams go into high lift mode - WOW! There's no better sound or feeling! I just love this thing.
I can't wait until our first track day.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very nice car - you'll find it does everything well, long drives, short errands, making people smile!
Congratulations and enjoy!

Have the brake/clutch fluid changed, check and adjust tire pressure, and give the engine a tune up. It's a wonderful machine, and probably the easiest car to drive you have ever owned!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I gotta tell you, the most memorable part of the drive was my right leg falling a sleep after like 3-4 hours. Never thought I would wish for cruise control!
:) LOL I95 for 18 hours was NOT what this car was designed for!

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
:D

Yes, I know this is what it is. But, when I get on it and the cams go into high lift mode - WOW! There's no better sound or feeling! .
I'd have to say the whine of the supercharger with a smaller pulley is definitely a better sound and feeling.

San

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

I've known Hayes since elementary school, then through HS and then even going to the same college.

After college, long before Hayes moved to Florida and became a dealer, he connected me with a guy who sold me my first (of 10) Lotus: a 1970 Europa S2. I've since bought two more Europas from Hayes.

If not for Hayes I don't know if I'd ever have owned a Lotus.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
is your daughter's mini red?

I was at a pocono twilight event last year and there was a young girl there with her mom and dad that were also on track, and vaguely remember her driving a red mini or miata?

·
Where's the onramp?
31 Posts
Congrats!

Very cool, got my elise in the spring and they sure are a blast to drive. You're thunderstorm story reminds me of some runs I did between DC and Tampa and storms I ran into.
Enjoy the new ride!
Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts