262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nor did I get...

...the email
...the VIN #
...the order confirmation
...the low insurance quote
...the bared breasts flashed from passing, free-spirited muses
...the assurance that some benefit will come to those who order later (chance to choose LSD, the mystery color, a sound system with bass....)
...the interest income from my deposit money sitting in the dealership account month after month
...the comfort that sticker price won't go up more due to the relationship between the dollar and The Pound (although it will never go down with the same relationship)
...the winning lottery ticket that would afford me the chance to purchase all the Elise's oddly available at a premium
...the joy of driving and wondering how close that SUV really is to the L-O-T-U-S emblem on our rump
...the courtesy call from my dealer saying their demo had arrived, so come on in for a test drive
...the call from the dealer saying someone ahead of me didn't want the car, so they'll offer it to me
...the call saying..."wow, you've moved up on the list!"

:) :( :confused:

...just......another day in the life of a common, everyday Lotus Elise deposit holder...

...only 5 to 7 (?) more months to go... :drool:

Dave

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey...

What a small world, I didn't get the call either. This is kind of like the un-birthday thing from Alice in Wonderland. I wonder if anybody else didn't get the call the same day that we didn't get the call ?

Steve

·
Registered
758 Posts
I got the call !!!

But she didn't ask what colour I wanted. And the options seem to have changed from Touring and LSS to long distance anytime and 400 mins weekends and nights. She also pronounced 'Lotus' in a funny way. Something about an A and two T's ...

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My car should arrive pretty soon. My dealer said he would call when the car hits port.

I haven't received any call.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
still waiting - 2 years now - might get my car by May next year. However people at other dealerships that have been waiting less than a year are getting cars and build dates.

In a normal world orders go in to the factory from the dealerships by date taken. At least it works this way for every car manufacturer in the world. Except Lotus. Lotus UK seems to be doing their best to get as many cars over here. And Lotus USA is screwing over customers to kiss butt to certain dealers. See I always thought the customer was the customer. Except in "Lotus World" where the dealer is the customer. Morons.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I didnt get "The Call" either. I got A call from LOA asking what options I would want on my car. When I told them I wanted stage II exhaust the answer I got was: "We don't have any information from Lotus on that option as of yet." Hmm.. I am sure you don't... Its sounding like its going to be a long time before I ever see my car. Oh well I can wait. (as long as MSRP doesnt keep rising)

-Whit

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
And neither did I. No call, no update, no nothin'. That's unless I want to buy a car well over MSRP with colors and options I don't want. Then I get a call. Otherwise, silence. But I've optimistically pegged 04/08/05 as my delivery date. Who knows, maybe this time it will arrive for me?????? :confused: :confused: :(

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
LOL

Sadly I didn't get a call today either, but I am expecting one soon. My life is starting to feel like "Groundhog day" :p

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
So I get home yesterday and check the answering machine, and guess what!!

I got no call.

However, I'm not sure I can join the rest of you bitter whiners because I did once get a call to come see the demo before the sell it.

That, and I have what may possibly sortof be a VIN number if "650" is a real clue.

Pretty soon, I may actually get something like a call.

And then, THEN, I will have to come here tell all you punks to quit your incessant whining and that Lotus is just a wee tiny car company unable to update anyone anywhere on the status of the cars for very very good reasons.. and that you all go talk to your dealerships and quit whining while I go drive.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ground Loop said:

And then, THEN, I will have to come here tell all you punks to quit your incessant whining and that Lotus is just a wee tiny car company unable to update anyone anywhere on the status of the cars for very very good reasons.. and that you all go talk to your dealerships and quit whining while I go drive.
Ground,
Or....... you'll be conspicuously silent in posting here as has happened with many other when they finally get there car! Because you'll be out playing with it!;)
Chris

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
My car has yet to arrive at the dealer. When I asked about it today I was told that it was expected late this week or early next. So with it being on a truck (supposedly) last Wednesday... this has led me to the conclusion that my car is being brought here either by horse and buggy or by a truck powered by hamster wheels.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
Donovan said:
still waiting - 2 years now - might get my car by May next year
Holy crap, dude, you have my sympathies.

See I always thought the customer was the customer. Except in "Lotus World" where the dealer is the customer. Morons.
LOL. Coudn't have said it better!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I stretched it a bit - it is 2 years on Nov 8th. My dealership has delivered 2 customer cars so far. They have deposits for over 140.

Those guys at the bottom of the list will never see this car. Well unless you are at FVMC or LOA.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Donovan said:
I stretched it a bit - it is 2 years on Nov 8th. My dealership has delivered 2 customer cars so far. They have deposits for over 140.

Those guys at the bottom of the list will never see this car. Well unless you are at FVMC or LOA.
I'm guessing Park Place ? It's the only dealer I know of getting as few cars as my dealer Steve Harris, also 2 to date. Last week PP was one place I called looking for a quicker route to a car, I've been waiting 13 months. Park Place offered me a car for $59.995
I can only assume if I took the bait I'd have gotten the car that was ordered by guy #3 on their list.

Steve

·
Registered
538 Posts
We put the second deposit down in April of 2002 and that car still isn't in, although it should be soon. I can't complain, though, since at least we have one. :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Maybe not. They were looking at getting a car at a premium from some other dealer.
I think they were calling deposit holders to see if there was any interest but, it apparently fell through. Probably because no list holders were interested in paying that much? I was told they were going to offer it for 9 grand over MSRP if interested. You can guess my answer. So if you were willing to pay that price they were willing to find you a car.

Heck if you want to pay me 59,995 I bet I can find you one!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I PLACED MY DEPOSIT MARCH 2001 AND MOST OF YOU GUYS ARE COMPLAINING THAT IT TAKES SO LONG FOR YOUR CAR TO HERE. GOOD THINGS COME FOR THOSE WHO WAIT. PATIENCE.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Park Place has 4 cars I believe, all with port arrival dates of 9/27. This has been very consistent (I checked again a couple days ago.) When they arrive in Washington State I imagine is up to the longshoremen and trucking companies.

PP, for lack of a better term, is kind of a car broker/reseller more than a new car dealership. Their new car lines are mainly the niche and small manufacturers (Panoz, Saleen, Superformance) so most of their business is in reselling luxury and special interest cars as well as maintenance of same. If you say "get me a so and so", they'll go find you one. It may not be cheap, but they will. So I too would tend to believe the $59,995 they could get immediately would be them finding one from another dealer. Heck, for $59,995 I'd give mine up (Due Any Time Now.) I have my price. :)

(BTW no, they have never asked if I would sell. )

DLY

1 - 20 of 24 Posts