The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove this Elise that's sitting at Newport, and I've got to say, what the hell! Why is there a sticker reducing my already low visibility to even lower. I can't see when lights change color unless i crane my neck and body over to peer under the 100 % opaque sticker.

I don't have any pics form the inside, but this is actually a detriment to driving this car. I'm not tall, 5/9, and if i sit up straight like i would in my elise, I can't see more than 20 feet in front of me, so I'm forced to slouch.

Honestly, who would want this on their car?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
That is bizarre, especially since it is not even semi transparent, don't know what the functional part would be and it does not look good either,

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This sticker is a continuation of the paint scheme actually. It's the green and yellow stripes continued down the windshield continuing the line of the roof and following the line of the front of the car, in a low sweep just under the re-view mirror.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D00d, look at the picture i posted, it clearly shows it.

I don't know who did this to the car, but man... HORRID, i can't wait to have my car back.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I don't like them, or the color....

·
Registered
817 Posts
That is the dumbest thing I've seen. Stripes on the hardtop look good enough, so no need to extend them farther down. They might as well have them running down the back window too! Then you'll have no view like an Exige S!

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Perhaps it was a track-only vehicle at one time where they never needed to see 'up' to see traffic lights and such.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Honestly, who would want this on their car?
And I suppose you've never wanted a triple-decker spoiler either? Obviously you just don't understand real performance machinery.

·
Registered
65 Posts
protection from sun glare? :shrug:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts