The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1970EuropaGuy
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been a dream of mine for years and I finally made the purchase. I bought a 1986 Esprit Turbo HCI with all of 43,000 KM or 27,000 miles. The car hasn't seen sunlight in 25 years but looks like new. I'll be slowly going through the systems with the idea of having her on the road in late spring.

I'm crazy as I have both a Europa and an Esprit. What else would you require?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Congrats, love the color. I used to have an 85 that color.

·
Administrator
2,690 Posts
Congrats on your Esprit!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Beautiful, and perfect stablemates...congrats!

Seeing as how the Esprit is really just a fully matured Europa you should feel quite at home when working on the Esprit. 😉 Of course the details are somewhat different...

·
Registered
190 Posts
A beautiful color—I think it’s the same color as cars in Lotus sales brochures!

·
1970EuropaGuy
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a very nice colour. I was looking for an Esprit this colour a few years ago and didn't come up with anything. I'm very thrilled to finally have an Esprit in the colour I was looking for.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Wow, it looks just like the one owned by a gent by the name or Rene' of Sacramento, CA about 30 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
3,995 Posts
Congrats! That picture of the suspension seems to confirm it was indoors for a long time as does the pristine interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
wow. simply amazing. and so close to home too!

·
1970EuropaGuy
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was amazing to find one locally. When I first heard about the Esprit I knew I had to own it. I was lucky with my Europa as well. I had been looking all over the west coast of Canada and the US and finally found my car 30 minutes from where I live. The Lotus gods are taking care of me!

·
1970EuropaGuy
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's a very clean find. I can't believe how fortunate I was to buy this car. The more time I spend on this Lotus the more impessed I am. It's almost like new. Even my wife went along with the decision, that's amazing as well!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts