The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I finally corded one of the KD's.

8 CalClub Championships (six with 2 drivers)
1 SD Championship
6 Practices
1 National Tour
1 Pro Solo (2 drivers)
1 Nationals (2 drivers)
and 7 Months of daily driving

Not bad, especially considering they seemed as good this weekend at the school as they did at the SD Tour back in March.

How does that compare with the Azenis?

Robert

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vwong said:
What are you gonna do now? Are you gonna run your old AVS's in the last 2 events?
I just got done putting the AVSi's back on the car, so that's an option.

I really need to check with Mari Clements and look at year-end points. If I've already clenched STX, I might run the kart at the last 2 events...

Robert

·
Registered
18 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
Hey, I finally corded one of the KD's.

8 CalClub Championships (six with 2 drivers)
1 SD Championship
6 Practices
1 National Tour
1 Pro Solo (2 drivers)
1 Nationals (2 drivers)
and 7 Months of daily driving

Not bad, especially considering they seemed as good this weekend at the school as they did at the SD Tour back in March.

How does that compare with the Azenis?

Robert
The Azenis definitely didn't compare as well. I corded mine in maybe half the number of events you had. But I am afraid I can't be as specific as you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: Re: I finally corded one of the KD's

serge928 said:

The Azenis definitely didn't compare as well. I corded mine in maybe half the number of events you had. But I am afraid I can't be as specific as you.
If your car is anything like Art's, you are cornering on one tire, and have lots of positive camber (from body roll) :D. Things like that tend to be hard on tires.

My Azenis are lasting much better now that I have negative camber in front. I have about 1/2 of the tread left and so far have:
13 events (total - 4 x 2 + 2 x 1 + 1 x 3)
1 National Tour (2 drivers)
3 practices (2 drivers)
1 Evolution School (~35 runs)
Nationals (2 drivers)
And about 5k miles on the street with my autocross alignment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
I really need to check with Mari Clements and look at year-end points. If I've already clenched STX, I might run the kart at the last 2 events...
Go ahead, run the kart at the last 2 events, and I'll take the STX Champ this year. :D I think you need at least one more event to clench STX. If you do run that event, then I need one more event to clench 2nd in STX.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm down to the wear bars on my 205/50-15 Azenis (Miata). Still a little good tread on the 'inside' if I choose to swap tires on the wheel (I won't). Plan to run two more AX events and replace before the rainy season

8000 miles - combination hwy, city, autoX, track

14 AX events & practice - total of 58 runs

2 days at Thunderhill, approx 160 miles

1 day WSIR, big track, 140 miles

1 day "The Streets', 180 miles :eek:

Rotated once at about 4K miles.

-Michael
San Diego

:eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I finally corded one of the KD's

Davard said:

If your car is anything like Art's, you are cornering on one tire, and have lots of positive camber (from body roll) :D. Things like that tend to be hard on tires.
You are right I do tend to corner on a small strip of the tires. My car is probably a little worse off than Art's because I can't legaly get much camber. I think Art has camber bolts/plates?. But overall I am satisfied with the wear on Azenis.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My CRX took a new pair of front 14" Azenis to fully bald at the Evo school at El Toro...but does that really surprise anyone?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Robert!!!!

You failed to point out that about 23 of those laps were "Conemangler laps" tm :D

Amazing they survived those few laps alone.....

Especially, that 70mph spin when I decided to "try 3rd gear".... Of course, that was at Norton where the tires grow tread back...

I think the M3 is sort of "tire friendly".... good geometry! Suspension by Euclid???

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Conemangler said:
Hey Robert!!!!

You failed to point out that about 23 of those laps were "Conemangler laps" tm :D

Amazing they survived those few laps alone.....

Especially, that 70mph spin when I decided to "try 3rd gear".... Of course, that was at Norton where the tires grow tread back...

I think the M3 is sort of "tire friendly".... good geometry! Suspension by Euclid???
Actually, I totally forgot to count the SCNAX Cup! Which was probably equivalent to 3 or 4 normal practices considering all the people who drove my car ;-)

me
Larry Andrews
Bob Bemersderfer (sp?)
Eric Clements
Mari Clements
Art Rinner
Vincent Wong
Rocky Zamarocky
Steve Ekstrand
anybody else I'm forgetting?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts