The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if this looks like a good deal? I think they sell more around 33k-35k? Right? They told me they got it from auction. They will drive it to the Lotus dealership in San Francisco for inspections. I just want to make sure I am getting a good deal. It didn't sound like the guy knew everything he was talking about. He said that it came with the sport package but not the touring. It sure looks to me it has the touring package. he said it also had starshield, but I don't really see it in the pictures. Any advice would be appreciated.

Click Here

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
It didn't sound like the guy knew everything he was talking about. He said that it came with the sport package but not the touring. It sure looks to me it has the touring package. he said it also had starshield, but I don't really see it in the pictures. Any advice would be appreciated.
Agreed. Has touring (note the window switches), doesn't have the sport package (the wheels are a dead giveaway). Looks like it has starshield but tough to say for sure. Definitely doesn't come with the power steering advertised. ;) Has the stage 2 exhaust though which is nice.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Agreed. Has touring (note the window switches), doesn't have the sport package (the wheels are a dead giveaway). Looks like it has starshield but tough to say for sure. Definitely doesn't come with the power steering advertised. ;) Has the stage 2 exhaust though which is nice.
Agreed.
Looks like it has the "black pack" to me.

Robert's car looks like a massively better deal to me though. You could part out the wheels and be over a $1.5K cash up!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would buy Roberts car in a heart beat, but my girlfriend does not care for the storm grey. I also like the Orange a lot better. How much is a paint job. LOL. But really, how could I make this Orange one I am looking at a great deal like Roberts? I know a lower price right? What is that magic number to make it a steal?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I would offer 35 for the orange one. The grey one has been tracked. The very fact that the grey one has hoosiers on it means it gets abused! Go for the Orange! Even at 36 it is a good deal.

·
Registered
451 Posts
why buy from someone who doesn't know the car? carfax shows no service records, you can't talk to the original owner, the price is high, etc. And who cares what your girlfriend wants as far as color? Is your girlfriend paying for it? If not, save your money, get the better car (Robert's). You have no idea if this car spent all 8,000+ miles on the track or how it was driven.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Buying from someone that knows nothing about the car might be trouble. The fact that this guy thinks that his car has power steering gets me worried. He probably took it to Jiffy Lube for oil changes(yikes). I would rather buy from a true Lotus enthusiast who knows about the car and most likely did everything he could to keep it in top shape.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I would offer 35 for the orange one. The grey one has been tracked. The very fact that the grey one has hoosiers on it means it gets abused! Go for the Orange! Even at 36 it is a good deal.

i disagree - being tracked does not = abused, i track my car - and i gaurentee you my car is better maintained and in better mechanical conditon then most "never tracked" cars, i tech it, i maintain it, i service it, to a much higher standard than a street only car.

i would say a well maintained, tech'ed car is a better deal that a car that get overlooked for such detailed nut and bolt inspections.

of course - any car can be abused - on the track or the road makes no difference where it is abused though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Orange one is a 2006, which is a bit nicer than the 2005. Better seats, LED tail lights, drive by wire, no issue with the headlights burn in. I can see starshield on the left-rear, but I cannot tell from the pictures if it is anywhere else. It definitely has the black pack (black wheels plus diffuser gives it away). Aftermarket radio unit (if that wasn't clear :)). No hard top looks like it.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
What is that magic number to make it a steal?
58k for a white 240 would be pretty close to a steal in my book - if i were you - thats what i would get.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
priced waaayyy too high...

i got mine for 30k around 5k miles on it
Yea that is about right...

2006 is updated over the 2005 model and the one listed has a factory warranty, which in most cases makes it a better deal over any 2005.

·
Registered
958 Posts
This thingy...
:)

And why is it you want a Lotus and havent done enough research to know these kinds of things? Just an honest and reasonable question, I feel...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts