The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****UPDATE : so far 6 people from work have been ticketed in the last 5 days in Pasadena, CA********

Pasadena, this morning.
Motocycle cop.
Laser supposedly 47 in a 35. ( this was an a two - lane stree that is deserted at 7:30 in the morning).

Del Sol daily driver - was too lazy to get the Lotus.

And the I get asked what I did to my muffler.
And to pop the hood. Hmmm... The headers don't look ok.
But the have a carb # - the intake does not.
I also get to see the laser reading 297 ft and -47 mph.

So I have to go to the state ref tomorrow!!!!!
$30 + $9 for the certficate. And then the court fun will start.

This is JUST in time for the Lotus drive this weekend. Arrrr :wallbang:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yeah - well what he did not see was the car that just cut me off and then slowed down - I was passing them - that's why I did not see the cop - untill it was too late. Should have slammed on the brakes.

Oh no, I'm sure he saw that and he got a power trip from seeing that his presence can make people do that. Then he saw you try to pass those guys and thought, this guys does not respect my authoritah, I must pull him over. :cool:

You must respect my authoritah!!! :thwack:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the Lotus has a V1.
Motorcylce cops are baaaad. They've seem too many others been hit by cars.

Andothe one of my co-workers got a speeding ticket last week (Pasadena)
And another one got a warning yesterday.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Oh no, I'm sure he saw that and he got a power trip from seeing that his presence can make people do that. Then he saw you try to pass those guys and thought, this guys does not respect my authoritah, I must pull him over. :cool:

You must respect my authoritah!!! :thwack:
On a cold and gray chicago morn
A poor little baby child is born
In the ghetto

Cause if theres one thing that she dont need
Its another hungry mouth to feed
In the ghetto

·
Registered
826 Posts
Scheduled it for tomorrow; I guess the old stock intake will go on later at night.
So a cop pulling you over for speeding can just make you open your hood and all this and that?

Paint a carb# on all your after market parts....??? Screw the man...we have to stick together!!!

And BTW...that would have been a perfect time to throw out the line I want to throw out next time I get pulled over and have already recieved all my tickets...

"So officer, let me ask you a question, do you think the story about pulling me over in my DelSol going 47 in a 35 is going to help you get laid tonight...not exactly solving a homicide case is it...?..HAVE A GOOD ONE STUD!!!"

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
You didn't try and name drop "Guidance Software" and see if you could get out of it for working with Law Enforcement in a roundabout way?

Have a friend who did dome forensic work on the side for the local SO and would get out of tickets. Eventually it led to him getting a badge and we all know what that means.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Sorry

Bike-cops are part of the motor division and that is what they do.......write traffic tickets!.........if you were speeding 47 in a 35 that is 12 :no:eek:ver the limit so any other cop would have written you a ticket!.....usually 5-7 is what would get looked over!

Solution: join the Police or join the military and get Veteran plates......:clap:

About the other stuff, that is way to much fluff that the Governator added to the burden of the officers out there!..........

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Bike-cops are part of the motor division and that is what they do.......write traffic tickets!.........if you were speeding 47 in a 35 that is 12 :no:eek:ver the limit so any other cop would have written you a ticket!.....usually 5-7 is what would get looked over!

Solution: join the Police or join the military and get Veteran plates......:clap:
Actually I have police foundation card, sticker & plate frame.
It was VERY clear to me that he was NOT going to let me off.
He was polite though. I asked to see the radar gun - it was a laser.
Two other co-workers have gotten tickets. The city is out for blood.
He started writing the ticket RIGHT away. :sad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts