The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

I got hit too!

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  XoXoX 
#1 ·
I got hit on Memorial Day. =( Attempted hit and run. Luckily, when I came out, and saw that my car got hit, a couple in their car said they saw the car, and who it was. They pointed out the car parked further down the parking lot. I contacted the Police, and got them involved. The lady did come out later on, and I asked if she hit my car, which she acknowledged.

We swapped information, and now who do I contact? Do I go through my insurance, or do I go through hers?

See less See more
#5 ·
Yeah. Clam got cracked in 2 spots. One under the reflector and another above the reflector. I have AAA too. Just wondering what the best way was. I've heard that even if it weren't my fault, and I went through my insurance, that it might raise my rates later down the road.

#6 ·
You insurance will find out about it even if you report it to the other insurance company. I doubt it will raise your rate if you're NOT at fault. Contact your insurance and they will go against the other driver's insurance for the costs. Key part is that your not at fault, the other driver left the scene of the accident, and you have a police report stating she was at fault.

#9 ·
That will buff right out ;). After being backed into last week and having a dime sized hole put into my clam along with a broken indicator, a broken extractor louver mount, the badge ripped off, and a torn up star shield, I wasn't afraid to attach a go-pro mount with adhesive to where the badge used to be. YMMV. Good luck!

#10 ·
You got lucky! I had the same thing happen to my new truck. Cops told me it happened in a parking lot so they won't show up on private property. Guy had no insurance, tags two years expired, liscence five years expired, and hit and run. I told them that they better send a unit for me then because I was going to beat him into the hospital. It only got worse from there...

#12 ·
Did he get a beat down? Funny how people with no insurance, no license, multiple DWI's and no money can get behind the wheel of a car and do whatever they like including hurting or damaging other innocent people?

Some things are worth going to jail for especially if they hurt someone...

#11 ·
sorry man - that sux!

cali is a no fault state - no matter who's fault it is, your insurance pays for your car.

the only reason the cops came is because of "fleeing the scene" did she get a citation? (it won't really matter for insurance, but you may have to go to court to testify for them to prosecute her).

i would recommend the clam come off and be inspected from the inside, the damage is always far worse than it looks through paint and star shield....

ping APK919 - he had some excellent repair to his 2/11 done up your way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.