The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang! I have not been active in a long while. Hello to all my old friends. In 2004 I ordered two Lotus which were delivered in early 2005. In late 2007 I had some finanical problems which resulted in needing to sell both cars. I started a new company which has gone well enough that I decided to buy a CO Elise like one of my old cars. The day I started looking, remarkably, my old car went up for sale so I called the owner and as of today I have my original baby back!!

#1314 is back in my garage, perfect as ever, where she belongs. Many thanks to Jared A. for taking care of her in my absence!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
:clap: Welcome back! And to get your old car back in good condition. What are the odds of that.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
That's VERY cool...

I've been looking for the first car I ever bought to be seen somewhere so I can buy it back

1987 Merkur XR4Ti... Might have gotten scrapped/crushed though :(

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hi Mark,
Welcome back! You were missed.

Pretty amazing coincidence. Good karma, I guess!! :up:

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all! Good to be back!

Wayne - funny story. You may recall you provided me with one of your awesome "Originally built for..." plaques. When I called the second owner, he recognized my name - he said I see your name on the doorsill everytime he drive it. He never had the heart to remove it... so my name was still on the car when I got her back. Too cool!

Chris

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Thanks all! Good to be back!

Wayne - funny story. You may recall you provided me with one of your awesome "Originally built for..." plaques. When I called the second owner, he recognized my name - he said I see your name on the doorsill everytime he drive it. He never had the heart to remove it... so my name was still on the car when I got her back. Too cool!

Chris
That's even more special, then. :up:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...if you love someone, set them free...

...if they come back, they're yours forever... :cool:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts