The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wow, this actually happened. Until I signed the forms, I was still prepared to abandon what started as a dream and had become an obsession. There had been too much uncertainty, I didn't know what to expect - did I really avoid the MSRP increase? Will the dealer honor the original agreement? Will any lame fees be added to the price? Etc etc. In the end, all's well!

Let's start with the bad. Lotus. This really was a horrible buying experience. I was as frustrated as any of you about the lack of communication. Unlike many, I lucked out and narrowly missed the MSRP increase (let's not get into that here though). In the end, though, I am a car nut and really, really wanted this car. I was willing to put up with anything just to get it. Most of you are probably the same. Face it, we're addicts. ;)

Ok, enough of that though! You know what? The thing about this car is...once I got in it...the past is all but forgotten. It really doesn't matter anymore, the car just has a way of putting a stupid grin on your face and melting any troubles away.

I bought the car from Silicon Valley Auto Group in Los gatos, CA. Great people there. The whole process was quick with no surprises, couldn't have been better. The car had about 52 miles on it when I picked it up (failed a few manufacturing tests, I assume?).

So what's it like? Well, you all know by now. The car is awesome. Lotus did an incredible job designing this. I could never imagine a company like Ford or GM producing a car this raw and purposefull. If any Lotus engineer or manufacturing worker is ever in the San Jose (California) area, let me know and I'll buy you a beer to celebrate a job well done!

This car really does get a lot of looks, even in the yuppieland known as Silicon Valley. The one problem I had were people stopping incredibly close at stoplights, I swear they had to have been less than a foot off the rear end. That's going to take some getting used to.

When you run errands in your Elise, be prepared for the journey to take extra time. You may well find people swarming the car in the parking lot, and spend hours talking to them about it. :)

Stats: Magnetic Blue, touring package with biscuit interior, hardtop, starshield

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Beautiful, congratulations Matt, we're all jealous. This is one of the first ones in magnetic blue that I've seen, very nice. :clap: :clap: :clap:

P.S. What was your ordering number ? Were you in the 10's, 20's...?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Congrats!!!

I took my car for a brief drive tonight. It is amazing - people giving thumbs up, kids waving- I have had some nice cars before, but never have experienced anything like it....

It just takes one drive to forget the negatives of the buying experience. I hope anyone having second thoughts about going ahead with their purchase realizes that.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats Matt,

I saw your car at SVAG on Wednesday when they were prepping it. It is a great combo. I'm still debating between the MB and AR.

My number is in the 40s so hopefully I'll get to see all the colors before I decide.

Ed

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Congrats Matt. :clap: I'm also coming to the tail-end of a very long wait. All this stuff in between has always been just a means to a end. It's the car that really matters.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts