The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently just got my lotus back from FVMC. they added new seats, harnesses, etc..... I got that about three days ago, and this morning i got my seven!:D i have not even driven it yet and i love it. i have to wait till may 6th when it gets inspected. the sound it makes is great and i love the color. so what do you guys think?:D

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Both look very nice, indeed!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Congrats! Look forward to hearing what you think of the car

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vented fenders do what?
the ones behind the front wheel? it does the same thing that the louvers do above the wheels. they suck out high pressure air from the tire which creates more downforce. they also look pretty cool, IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Did not hear from you today. I am glad you like the Seven. I have driven it many times really like when I can put people into Sevens. I helped Mopho pull the trigger on his and I am glad I was able to help you as well.

That is one hell of a Seven. I am sure you will love it. Takes your breath away.

Good luck and just remember...drive it like a motorcycle. Keep your eyes out and remember you can stop a hell of a lot faster than most other cars.

The only other thing I would do to a Seven and I did it on mine is to put a fuel cell in the car. Costs about $1500 but time in a burn ward is not good time. The cell will give you time to get out if you have a bad rear ender.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I saw your car while i was at FVMC. looks absolutely beautiful. I actually want to thank you for allowing me to check out the louvers in person. Ive been pondering those for my own. and havent seen enough good pics from different angles.

Glad you got yours back so you can enjoy it:clap:
Im going to pick mine back up this weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Very nice! Lighten it up by replacing the spare tire with a can of fix a flat.
Yes..you can lighten it up by taking off the spare...but you lose a little protection in the bargain.

You really dont need fix a flat. The car is so light that you can drive on flats for quite a while. Been there and done that. It was the first "run flat" car....but only because it was so light. I once drove mine 65 miles on a flat front tire.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I once had a flat on the Elan and didn't even know it until I got out of the car

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Those are two beautiful cars!:crazyeyes You have great taste. Curious to see how you like the Seven in comparison.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Those are two beautiful cars!:crazyeyes You have great taste. Curious to see how you like the Seven in comparison.

sorry guys....in my opinion no comparison. If I did not have a wife and 2 boys that like driving the Elise, I would sell it in a second. The Seven is all I need.

When I got my Seven...I had 4 other cars. 3 Elans and a M100 Elan. One by one they all went. I just did not drive them anymore. My Elise is a concession to my wife so she will come along on LOONY breakfasts.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are the Elise's side skirts and louvered front side panel Reverie pieces?
Looks great,

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah thanks dave, the car is in great condition. i can't wait to get my plates! i replaced the battery and it starts every time now. i had to jump it to start it before and it wouldn't run without the jumper cables attached.

i have a few questions too for anyone that knows. is it legal to take off the windshield and can you buy the windkick from the R500? i have always liked the R500's windkick instead of a windshield. but don't know if i should do it? no big deal if i can't, i just thought it would be cool to switch off from windkick to windshield when i want to. also does anyone know how i can take off the rear wheel luggage carrier thing. i heard from tony that its best to figure out a way to make something that makes it easy to put on and off, if i want in on sometimes. anyone have any ideas?

I love my garage now!!:D

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the side skirts are reverie and so are the louvers above the wheels. the fenders behind the front wheel are the GUT sport fender from sector111.com
Are the Elise's side skirts and louvered front side panel Reverie pieces?
Looks great,

1 - 20 of 34 Posts