The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from picking up my new car...

As some of you know, my 2005 elise was totaled in a flood about a year and a half ago. I had ordered a new elise SC from HRM, but due to the unfortunate events there, I could not take delivery through HRM. The car was stuck at port, and I came very close to giving up on getting another Lotus for now.

But thanks to the efforts of Robert (wallabyguy), and the willingness of Raphael Garcia and Park Avenue Lotus to honor the deal I had with HRM, I finally got the car.:up: For those of you who don't know him, Raphael was formerly with HRM and was great to deal with.

Honorable mention also to Rick at Fox Valley who had also offered to step in and help me get my car when he heard my situation.

Guys like these are Lotus' greatest asset and vital to them being successful here:clap:

So back to the car....I took it easy on it obviously as I am breaking it in but it definitely feels more responsive and quicker...handles great with the sport pkg, but AD07s rather than 048s...very solid...no creaks or rattles...

More impressions and pictures to follow....

I made one stop on the way home, and as I was leaving the store, a group of women came over to me and my 12 year old daughter saying what a beautiful car it is...and according to my daughter, on the ride home "everyone was turning their head to look at the car" Amazing that 3 1/2 years after getting my first elise the car still evokes the same attention from people......

·
Registered
431 Posts
Congrats Ivan1 :clap:

We definitely need to see some pics. :up:

I am currently driving a burnt orange S/C Elise for a few days and I have to admit that I ABSOLUTELY love it? From the soft plastic look to the gauges and hold on folks but that wing??? ...Love it :drool: ! And although I've been reassured that the clutch is the same, some how it feels different and tighter. The car I'm driving has over 3K miles and I don't need to drive it or abuse it upto 7500 rpm's to know that this vehicle feels MUCH different and better than the N/A Elise :bow: and don't get me wrong, I love the N/A Elise but WOW! What a difference...can't stop smiling and what about that burnt orange? Chrome Orange got played out real quick in '05 & '06 but this new one really grew on me.

Ivan1, please post pics and take it on the highway...if you haven't already :D

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
Hurray! Congratulations!!!

My sweetie pie wants an SC Elise -

I think so she can kick my ass in my N/A Elise. :eek:

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Congrats. I'm happy you finally got her. It's been a long journey. Your Dad would be so happy you finally got a red one. I'm sure he's smiling down on you right now.

I call shot gun......:D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so I was in the restaurant parking lot next to ivans car while he was inside.. (surprise visit) and I was inspecting the car and noticed he put the soft top on wrong!! I guess three years without ownership makes ya forget some things :)
You mean the padded side goes on the inside of the car?:D

Yes it was a little alarming to walk out of the restaurant in the dark and find someone lurking around the car...

btw, the car is gorgeous...and you can't beat that new car smell!!
I think you smelled the chinese food I was taking home.....-poke-

you will have to settle for a few garage pics I snapped before going to dinner...no front shots (but hey the front looks like any other elise)...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
needs to be vacuumed already !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks good

Congrats, but what's w/ the cupholder? I thought this was a "pure sports car". Happy Driving and hit the twisties!:coolnana:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts