The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I got my Exige, even it is a 2006, but it is equipped with a Exhaust II and Exige S ECU and the car is fun driving.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looks great! I guess I'll see you around. I'm in Irvine, too!

But I'm a little confused. How can you run an Exige S ECU on an Exige?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I like the Euro wheels too!:D

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Very Nice!! :up:

See ya around.... :shift:

- z

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it is mine.

:panic: Yeah I took the pictures as I love photography. So if there is any Lotus event or any meeting in Irvine Area let me know.
:clap:
About the ECU, I bought it the car from a friend and he got it mod at Lotus Beverly Hills. I was a bit surprised myself. :shrug:

However he got some trouble with a everlasting engine light, when he was driving it, so they changed all that stuff.

The funny thing is after I drove it for about 300 miles the engine light get of itself. I am considering to get a ODB reader to see what was the issue.

I simply guess he was a bad driver for the car :p. He usually drives a Cayenne Turbo and a CLS550.

Hope to find some Lotus in the area and would be great to hang out for some talk.

For now I only can say the baby is running fine, try to listen careful to see if there are issues with that car ^^.

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome and hope to learn some more about those babies from you over here.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Maybe you really have a Lotus Sport ECU and not one for an Exige S? From your pics you do seem to have a non-S Exige. I just can't imagine the ECU of an Exige S (supercharged motor) could work okay or be beneficial for a non-S Exige (normally aspirated motor).

BTW, there seems to be quite a few members in the area though I have only met a couple.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see, maybe it is a Sports ECU then. He told me that they changed the ECU to a better Version, but as I am not that familiar with it for now ^^. Thanks for your help. How ever I really like the car, but would be really interested if it would be possible to supercharge the Exige with aftermarked or retail parts.
I noticed that the Exige got some whole around 3000 rpm, but above 4500 rpm it got quit a lot torque.

:shrug: no idea how it looks like with a real S or the 2008 S240 or S280 ^^.
Those would definitely make me drool :drool:.

·
Registered
974 Posts
...I really like the car, but would be really interested if it would be possible to supercharge the Exige with aftermarked or retail parts.
You should do some searches or look in the forced induction section. Maybe start here:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160/overview-supercharge-turbocharge-solutions-48412/

There are at least a couple of people in the area that have aftermarket forced induction.

:shrug: no idea how it looks like with a real S or the 2008 S240 or S280 ^^.
Those would definitely make me drool :drool:.
The cosmetic differences really aren't that big, in my opinion. As far as performance differences, I think the fact that the others are supercharged is the biggest difference from '06 Exiges.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah and that is what makes me drool rotfl.
What I read so far about the S240 or S280 are that they are not having the torque whole in the low rpm areas. Basically no matter when you got power :crazyeyes. Thanks a lot, will definitely have a look and see where I can take my Exige :D.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I'm sure it's not an Exige S ECU. There is a trick that can be done to a stock ECU to safely get some more power out of the engine.

It has been talked about on here somewhere.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Sounds to me like he had the ECU upgraded to lower the cam switchover. Its not an Exige S ECU, but basically it makes the 2nd cam engage at a lower RPM so its more usable.

07 Exiges are also called S220 (or 220S) along with the normal version of the 08 Exige.
The high end 08 Exige is called the S240 or 240S. There is no S280 :)drool:)

Be careful with the aftermarket supercharger options. None have passed CARB certification so far, so you would not pass a visual smog inspection that was on the up and up. As someone already stated, learn to drive the car well...then add more power if you still feel you need it. :D

Congrats again on becoming part of the Lotus family!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts